Jacksonville how far to cruise terminal

sparky.mi

And I might add its a very easy drive, take a look at the map, pretty much a straight shot, will take you maybe 15 min. There are hotels in the area that do shuttle service to the airport and cruise terminal if you need it.

What motels with cruise port shuttle are there in Jacksonville?

Most people locally don't know about this site http://www.visitjacksonville.com

This a great website for locals and visitors and may help if you need more information on hotels with transportation (which can save parking rates and gas)

on the main page on the left side is "special offers" and another link for "view all special offers", once you click view all special offers you can then sort by type under which there is a box labled "cruise packages and many others if you want anything before or after the cruise

*note* you may want to call the individual location to make sure they still participate in any special offers if not confirmed through their corporate links

you can even contact the Visitor Information Department at 800-733-2668, Ext. 10, (904) 798-9111, Ext. 10 or via e-mail at visitorinfo@jaxcvb.com.

Could anyone please tell me how far it is from the Jacksonville airport to the cruise terminal. Never been to Jacksonville. Thanks in advance.:)

Since someone already answered this question, I would add if you are driving, be mindful that the stretch from the airport (south on I-95) and getting on 9-A can be confusing as there is a protected right lane for exiting onto 9-A north or south (crazy because you are the most north you can go on 9-A) you may want to have someone beside you looking at the map while you drive or you may head onto north 9-A and have little drive before being able to turn around. :eek: (unless you know the back way, but thats another story)

a good website for the terminal with FAQs: http://www.jaxport.com/sea/c_drex.cfm

Once off 9-A on from 95 you get on Heckscher and you hang a right, you will cross railroad tracks and the terminal will be on your left almost instantly.

Also, If you are like me and tend to rush to vacation..the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office and Florida Highway Patrol have been known to regularly radar/laser that area all the way to the Dames Point bridge with marked an unmarked cars. No need to make it an extra expensive and dangerous vacation.

For you locals...I have a question. I'm cruising Oct 6th, driving from P'cola with my 4yo son, and meeting up with 4 girls who are flying in. The plan is to stay at the Best Western and they are going to use the cruise package. I am thinking I want to just drive myself, and pay the extra so that DS can be in a car seat and so that when we get off the ship we can get right on the road to go home (6 hrs). With the talk of construction am I making a mistake? Do you recommend a different hotel? I have cruised out of Jax once before so I am briefly familiar with the area.

I would have to refer the hotel question to another or you could refer to the convention center bureau as noted above as I have never needed a hotel in that area, from what i hear you cant go wrong with a major hotel brand in the area..you can always go to the hotel website for a picture of the outside/inside...just dont buy your gas anywhere near the airport as you will pay an arm and leg..ouch..better yet to wait until you just get out of town down i-10 and try the city of Baldwin exit (just after chafee road a few miles) for cheaper prices.

the construction though shouldnt be too much of a problem as there is not as much traffic on the weekends as during the week and also since the matthews bridge construction has been completed it should be easier now since people will not be detouring on the weekend.

the construction though shouldnt be too much of a problem as there is not as much traffic on the weekends as during the week and also since the matthews bridge construction has been completed it should be easier now since people will not be detouring on the weekend.

Thats good to hear! And I'll remember to stay away from buying gas at around the airport, thanks!

What motels with cruise port shuttle are there in Jacksonville?

HELLO,,,,,,

I have stayed at the HOLIDAY INN,there at Airport rd....

There is a shuttle that will pick you and take you to the port...

I get the cruise /// park deal............

The hotel is very nice,,staff is friendly..........

HAPPY CRUISING......

Archived