Nassau Excursions

1stime cruiser

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, straw market and shops are within walking distance.

On my last trip to Nassau our ship didn't offer too many excursions so we went on a sight seeing bus tour. It was very reasonable and informative.

The straw market and shopping on Bay Street is a leisurely walk away. From there, you can take a horse and buggy ride or get a taxi to Paradise Island or Cable Beach.

is ithard to find a taxi back to the ship from cable or paradise beach??? i just dont want to miss my ship and get stuck in the island

Yes, you can walk to the market, I never made it there. Ran out of time. Check the amount of time you are at port. We did the Catamaran snorkeling. It was a 2 1/2 hour tour. They took us on a harbour tour, then we snorkeled at a coral reef park area. It you do this make sure that you buy the fish food for $1 a bag. As you let a little food out of the bag, fish swim all around you. It was a great experience. This tour did not cost too much, through the ship it was about $40 per person. We had a little time to shop around the town afterwards.

• 1 year later...

Yellow Bird Party Boat is awsome:p It is mainly for adults, because there is free rum punch! It would be ok for older teenagers, but perhaps not young kids. They take you to a little island with swimming, some snorkling, and a few people selling jewelry, hair braids, ect. We went in early sept. it was the highlight of the trip!

Yellow Bird Party Boat is awsome:p It is mainly for adults, because there is free rum punch! It would be ok for older teenagers, but perhaps not young kids. They take you to a little island with swimming, some snorkling, and a few people selling jewelry, hair braids, ect. We went in early sept. it was the highlight of the trip!

Very happy to read this as we're booked to do it the last weekend in Octoer. Hopefully the vendors aren't too aggressive???

The comedian on our ship said "Nassau is an Indian word which translates into No I don't want my hair braided" There are pushy vendors everywhere, but if you remember that we (cruise ship passengers) are their main source of income it is easier to tolerate. A simple "no thank you" usually gets them to move onto the next person.

Archived