Vacation Guarantee~ Anyone Used It?

Since this is the answer that is commonly offered for those that come back and complain about their cruise I'm curious has anyone here ever done it or know someone that has? For me to use it I"d have to be completely unhappy with absolutely no foreseeable improvement. I'd love to hear if anyone's actually done this and what made them use the option.

Since this is the answer that is commonly offered for those that come back and complain about their cruise I'm curious has anyone here ever done it or know someone that has? For me to use it I"d have to be completely unhappy with absolutely no foreseeable improvement. I'd love to hear if anyone's actually done this and what made them use the option.

Here are a couple of threads to look at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=7572855&postcount=4

and

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=2630377&postcount=7

.....we know you have to tell the purser before the first port of call that you want to discontinue your cruise.

Let's say I was on a transatlantic cruise leaving from NY and going to Europe, with no stops in between. If I tell the purser on the second day I want to discontinue my cruise, I understand I would not get reimbursed for the cruise since it would end at the first port and there would be no unused days left, would they still pay my airfare home from Europe?

Do I smell a loophole?

:rolleyes:

.....we know you have to tell the purser before the first port of call that you want to discontinue your cruise.

Let's say I was on a transatlantic cruise leaving from NY and going to Europe, with no stops in between. If I tell the purser on the second day I want to discontinue my cruise, I understand I would not get reimbursed for the cruise since it would end at the first port and there would be no unused days left, would they still pay my airfare home from Europe?

Do I smell a loophole?

:rolleyes:

Nope, not a loophole, since the guarantee doesn't apply to that cruise...

*VACATION GUARANTEE VALID ONLY IF GUEST ADVISES SHIP’S INFORMATION DESK OF ELECTION TO DEBARK AND RECEIVE PRO-RATA REFUND BEFORE THE SHIP’S ARRIVAL AT THE FIRST NON-U.S. PORT OF CALL. Refund amount will be calculated by multiplying (x) amount of cruise fare paid by guest by (y) number of unused cruise nights, divided by (z) total number of cruise nights of guest’s voyage. Refund will include the amount of an Economy fare airline ticket from port of debarkation to port of embarkation. To receive refund, guest must send copy of purchased airline ticket to the Refunds department. Refund checks will be mailed within 30 days of cruise termination. Guests paying by credit card will have the money refunded to the same card. Carnival will not be responsible for any incidental expenses of guests following debarkation. Other limitations apply. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED AND NOT APPLICABLE ON ALASKA, EUROPE, HAWAII, PANAMA CANAL, SOUTH AMERICA ITINERARIES AND CRUISES-TO-NOWHERE. The number of cruise days before arrival at first non-U.S. port of call varies by itinerary. See any travel agent for more information. Vacation Guarantee applies to cruise departures through and including December 13, 2008. Applies to U.S. and Canadian residents only. Due to a U.S. Government requirement, guests must be in possession of a valid passport to return to the U.S. by air from Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, The Bahamas and Bermuda.

Thank you!! I tried searching but it kept bringing up posts about the guaranteed cabins. This was interesting reading. It sounds like Carnival does make every effort to make sure those that are unhappy are not forced to endure a less than desired cruise.

Archived