should I bring two umbrella strollers

rice5899

We have a 5 and 2 year old, going on Monday on a 4 night cruise. I would prefer to bring only one stroller, but sometimes my 5 year old decides he just doesnt want to walk much at all.

What do you do?

If I were you, I would only take one stroller unless of course you plan your cruise for nonstop walking. Just for general walking around the ship or in port I would opt for just one. Your 5 year old should be fine..

Unless you plan on doing LOADS of walking...I would only take 1 stroller. If you are planning to stroll through a straw market, then yeah maybe bring 2. But if you are planning on getting off the ship and getting transport to a beach...one is all you'll need.

I would say it depends on the length of time you are going to be away from the ship.....

What if you brought 2 strollers...could you unfold, and use one, and use bungee cords to "adhere" the second one to the first? Or perhaps the second one could carry your packages...?

This strikes me as the disneyland philosophy... No, a 5 year old is not going to want you to rent them a stroller BUT you know that they will be happy if you do, eventually....

Well I've never had to do this since my 6yo hasn't set bottom in a stroller since he was 3. But I would probably just bring one and switch off. My 3yo doesn't like to be in a stroller the whole time. He enjoys getting out and walking a bit. Then that way you don't have all four hand tied up with pushing strollers. I don't even think I'm bringing a stroller for my 3yo. I'm still deciding.

I vote for one stroller for the 2 year old and when the 5 year old starts whining, plop the 2 year old on someone's shoulders and let the 5 year old have a turn. Lugging around two strollers seems troublesome!

Archived