? From 1st Timer On Celebrity-need Info

vacation fool

Can you book a "Next Cruise" while on Royal C and use for a Celebrity Cruise? This is where u purchase a future cruise credit for $100 which then becomes your deposit when u book the cruise at a later date. You also rec've an OBC depending on the length of the cruise. I will be on Royal 5/2008 and am wondering if i should wait until then to book my 2/2009 cruise on Galaxy so I can get these benefits. Does anyone have any experience with this where they have booked Celebrity while on Royal? Appreciate all input. Thanks

Saw a similiar type post on this board but did not get much response and was not clear.:)

Can you book a "Next Cruise" while on Royal C and use for a Celebrity Cruise? This is where u purchase a future cruise credit for $100 which then becomes your deposit when u book the cruise at a later date. You also rec've an OBC depending on the length of the cruise. I will be on Royal 5/2008 and am wondering if i should wait until then to book my 2/2009 cruise on Galaxy so I can get these benefits. Does anyone have any experience with this where they have booked Celebrity while on Royal? Appreciate all input. Thanks

Saw a similiar type post on this board but did not get much response and was not clear.:)

There was a very good response by someone else to this on another thread. I am repeating that response here [i apologize if this is not consider fair use]

....We did book a Celebrity Cruise with an unspecified date while onboard the Rhapsody of the Seas in June 2007 - using the new Passages program which allows a non-refundable $100 deposit.

We *did* receive the $100 obc, but only because our cruise cost was in that range as explained below.

The On-board Booking Program is now based on the cost of the trip (minus fees and taxes) and not the length (all these effective 3/1/07).

Less than $2000 - $50 onboard credit

$2001 - 3499 - $100

$3500 - 5499 - $150

$5500 - 6999 - $200

$7000 & above - $300 (These costs do not include air)

On-Board Celebrity Passages calls for a $100 (non-refundable) deposit good for a future cruise. It can only be booked for Celebrity. (Copying from the Terms & Conditions: "A Celebrity Passages Booking is not valid on any other cruise line, including any other affiliates of Celebrity Cruises."

Hope this helps!

Carol

There was a very good response by someone else to this on another thread. I am repeating that response here [i apologize if this is not consider fair use]

Are those amounts for the OBC based on per person rates or per cabin?

Thanks TravelerThom, I did see this persons post but he is the only one who said yes. The OP said no, and others did not address that part of the ? at all. I guess I want to hear a few more yeses before i make a decision whether to book now or wait til my Royal cruise next year. :)

My official answer would be NO, you cannot use it for a Celebrity Cruise booking. We recently make a Next Cruise booking while on RCCL in June. Last week, we went to make a reservation on Celebrity and were told NO, we could not use the RCCL "NextCruise" deposit toward Celebrity. I questioned two different people on this as it has both logos on the top of the confirmation we have, but still no...

If anyone has any other experience, please let us know.

I hope this answers your original question.

wow! thanks!!! I'm on vacation right now, but will certainly make a call when I return home. Funny how I asked two different people and was told no both times.

That's why I love these boards.

We are booked on the Feb. 14th Century 2008 - is that your date also?

As far as I know, you can't. I wanted to use my Captains Club ? membership (repeat passenger) from RCCL on Celebrity Constellation, for a cruise I took last year, and I was told that I couldn't. Basically they consider them separate entities. I too thought same parent company, interchangeable...but apparently not. You might check to see if they have changed the policy this year, but I doubt it.

As far as I know, you can't. I wanted to use my Captains Club ? membership (repeat passenger) from RCCL on Celebrity Constellation, for a cruise I took last year, and I was told that I couldn't. Basically they consider them separate entities. I too thought same parent company, interchangeable...but apparently not. You might check to see if they have changed the policy this year, but I doubt it.

If you're a Platinum Crown & Anchor member (RCCL's repeaters' program), or above, you are eligible for the comparable level status on Celebrity. When you call to make your reservation, give them your C&A number and they'll sign you up for Captain's Club. We're Diamond C&A members who just reserved our first Celebrity cruise (Jan. 2009 Summit Southern Carib :D ), and our TA got my DH our Elite CC numbers at time of reservation. This cruise won't apply to our RCCL status, so won't count toward D+.

Jodi

That must be something new.:rolleyes: I am going on the Summit in Oct. and the Cruise was booked on the Jewel. I even called C&A (I am Diamond) and made my deposit with them.

Carrie

Archived