Best Balcony Cabins

Mitzi_Muffin

We are looking at booking a cruise in 2009 on the Sea princess can anyone tell me the best deck and B grade balcony cabin to book, we were spoild on the Celebrity Constellation this year we had an aft cabin which was great, but we had a lot of problems with the flights as there are no direct flights from Manchester to Miami.

Also is it possible to upgrade on the flights to Barbados I keep hearing horror stories of the long 10 hour flights.

The best deck would be one that is sandwiched between two passenger decks - quieter.

Some will tell you that it's best to be mid ship because it's so central and convenient to everything. Less rocky too. This is true. However, we really love the full aft cabins for the incredible views and the larger balconies. We love the rocking motion that lulls us to sleep at night. The only sounds we hear are the wake and sometimes when the ship arrives in port there's a bit of a shuddering motion which is our wake up call and we don't mind that a bit.

Also if you check the deck plans, there's a deck that will have an extended balcony that's half covered, half open (usually the Caribe deck). That's a definite must have if you're going to get a side balcony.

The balconies on the Sea and the Sun Princess are cut out of the hull, rather than being outside the hull. Therefore it is not as wide open as the ones on other ships. There is the advantage of it usually being less windy when one is out on it. But they tend to feel rather closed in. We were in one on the Baja deck this past February, and still enjoyed having a balcony, despite the different configuration.

I agree with the OP who recommended choosing a deck that is sandwiched between two other cabin decks, for the quietness. We also look at the deck plan before booking to be sure that there are cabins across the passageway from the one we choose, rather than steward service areas. Steward service areas can be somewhat noisy, with the stewards and their carts coming and going.

We had acquaintences on that Feb. cruise that had an aft suite cabin on the same deck we were on, I believe it was the Owner's Suite, and the cabin and the balcony were very spacious.

Archived