Pre-cruise Night out South Beach

scalde

Hello everyone! Me and the wife are planning on having some fun on our pre cruise stay in miami. I was thinking about hanging out in south beach. we are in our early 30's and was think about going to the beach getting a bite to eat, having some drinks and maybe dance a little. Is there a place where i can can do all this in one spot. i was reading the forum and some one mentioned Mangos. is that a fun place to go? where is it located? any other place that you guys have been to that you highly recomend.

Thanks

Hello everyone! Me and the wife are planning on having some fun on our pre cruise stay in miami. I was thinking about hanging out in south beach. we are in our early 30's and was think about going to the beach getting a bite to eat, having some drinks and maybe dance a little. Is there a place where i can can do all this in one spot. i was reading the forum and some one mentioned Mangos. is that a fun place to go? where is it located? any other place that you guys have been to that you highly recomend.

Thanks

What do you want to spend on dinner? Dinner in South Beach can easily cost $200 for two people.

My favorites in South Beach:

Marks

Wish

Vix

Nobu

Prime 112

My favorite Cuban is Davids.

Lario's is on Ocean Drive and is great Cuban and used to has music. It is owned by Gloria Estafan.

One of my favorite evenings is dining at Nobu then hitting Sky Bar. Sky Bar is the entire public areas of The Shore Club made into a bar.

http://www.shoreclub.com/shore_club_skybar.asp

Mangos can be fun for 30 minutes and then can get old fast. It is too in the middle of things and too Disneyesque for me.

Mango's is fun if you enjoy watching the bartenders dance on top of the bar. When it first opened, they managed to make it seem almost spontaneous; it was just a place you went for a drink and every so often somebody would leap to the bartop and boogie. Now, it's just....as BlueHerons said.

Thanks

To add to some of the places that Blue mentioned which are fantastic...especially Nobu/Sky bar...I would also like to say that one my latest favorties has to be Funkshion Lounge, which you can have fantastic dinner and then after get up and dance as the lounge fills up and they play lots of retro and popular music...especially good for us early 30 people who like to reminisce every once and a while. Another cool place is Cafeteria where you can also dine and dance afterward..there is a lounge in the very back playing really good house and loungy music. Both of these places are located on Lincoln Road Mall.

• 2 weeks later...

We are doing an extra day pre and post cruise so we can explore Miami as well. I appreciate the feedback on Mangos, we were considering going there because we thought it embodied Miami. We aren't big drinkers and in our late 30's (DH is 40- love to rub that in) so we are looking for that can't miss it kind of place that will represent Miami. What do you think?

We are doing an extra day pre and post cruise so we can explore Miami as well. I appreciate the feedback on Mangos, we were considering going there because we thought it embodied Miami. We aren't big drinkers and in our late 30's (DH is 40- love to rub that in) so we are looking for that can't miss it kind of place that will represent Miami. What do you think?

I think Sky Bar embodies South Beach. Also, it is just an exquisite place to have a drink and a do not miss.

Also, before Sky Bar (it opens early as opposed to most South Beach places), stop by The Delano and have a mojito at the pool bar. Walk through the lobby.

Also a do not miss for South Beach. I promise you'll be wowed by both places.

My DH and I just stayed in Sobe for 2 nights post cruise and I'm glad we

got to experience it. Being there was very convenient as, at night we

didn't have to worry about getting a taxi back anywhere like we've had

to before!

We stayed at The Blue Moon on Collins. The art deco style hotels are really

neat but they do tend to run smaller than a normal hotel room would. Since

it was just the two of us we didn't mind! You'll have a blast whatever you

decide to do-Sobe is an awesome place!:)

Archived