Summit 9/28 What to Do With Luggage on Return

sallycruiser

We will be taking the Summit to Hawaii on 9/28 to hawaii from San Diego and then returning to San Diego... our flight is not until 9:30PM the day we return..

What do people do with their luggage if they want to spend some time sightseeing in San Diego before going to Airport

Have you heard of any hotels that have day rooms to rent?

Sally

I agree with the car rental option. It will not only be a way to take care of the luggage, but will give you flexibility to see the local sites, go out to eat, and do some shopping before catching your plane.

We will be taking the Summit to Hawaii on 9/28 to hawaii from San Diego and then returning to San Diego... our flight is not until 9:30PM the day we return..

Sally

Sally,

Haven't seen you on the Summit "roll call" site in a while. Traffic has been picking up quite a bit since May. Come back and visit.

Ron & Brenda

• 1 month later...

Or, grab a cab to the airport (it's SO close) and check in. When you come back for your flight you'll only need to go through the security line. After you check your luggage, take a cab back into the city. Have them drop you at the trolley station in Old Town. From there you can take the trolley all over San Diego... it's a get on/get off sight seeing trolley that does a great job of showing you the city. It goes down to the waterfront (right past the cruise terminal!), through the gaslight district, over to Coronado Island and even out to the zoo. Here's a link: http://www.trolleytours.com/San-Diego/

MECruzr

Does anyone know if Summit (San Diego) has a luggage delivery service? On some of our past X cruises, we used Fedex (as a service from Celebrity) to take our luggage right from the ship to our house. No need to take it to the airport - no need to pick up the luggage upon returning home. It just shows up at your house. I know this is not available at all ports/or ships. I will be on Summit 10-12 so I would love to hear if this is available.

Archived