Repositioning Cruise on the ms Zuiderdam

Will be taking the west to east repositioning cruise between Vancouver and Ft. Lauderdale on the ms Zuiderdam. Anyone with experience with both this cruise and the ms Zuiderdam, in particular the veranda cabins on the upper verandah deck, please give us some feedback. Thanks and happy cruising.

I do. We took this cruise last year for our honeymoon. They have changed the intinerary a bit this year as last year we stopped at Cabo, PV, Huatulco, Acapulco, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Columbia, Ocho Rios and then Half Moon.

We loved the Zuiderdam (had a VF room on the verandah deck) and more importantly we loved the cruise and the destinations. Our room was nice and central and easy to get to everything. We spent time in the morning out on the verandah having breakfast or during the at sea days I would sit there and read to get out of the sun. We saw loads of dolphins, manta rays and turtles too.

If you have any specific questions just let me know.

Can't comment on the Panama Canal cruise, but we were on the Zuiderdam last September to Alaska and loved it. The ship is in fantastic shape, and the crew couldn't have been friendlier. We had a VC verandah on the Verandah Deck.

Wouldn't hesitate to sail on the Zuiderdam again!

Just returned from RT Vancouver to Alaska on Zuiderdam and loved the ship very much. We had cabin 8090, an SS balcony cabin that we updgraded to from 5123. The only problem I thought the fifth deck might have was the cabins in mid ship were overlooking the tenders/lifeboats below on the 4th deck. Of course this does not block your view forward, only directly below. Our Navigation deck cabin was the best cabin we have ever had. You will enjoy this ship very much, and its crew is awesome. gg

Will be taking the west to east repositioning cruise between Vancouver and Ft. Lauderdale on the ms Zuiderdam. Anyone with experience with both this cruise and the ms Zuiderdam, in particular the veranda cabins on the upper verandah deck, please give us some feedback. Thanks and happy cruising.

Hi Infrequentcruisers ~

I posted a reply yesterday that obviously went POOF (unless it's somehow on a different thread) ... didn't you post elsewhere about having to cancel the last time because of hurricane damage to your home in Florida ??? Now I remember, that's where I've posted a response to you, hoping you'll come over to the roll-call for the Panama Canal full-transit embarking in both Vancouver and LA Sept 29 and Oct 3 for FLL. I've been looking for a post from you over there ... join us, how about?

:cool: CoolChile

Hi Infrequentcruisers ~

I posted a reply yesterday that obviously went POOF (unless it's somehow on a different thread) ... didn't you post elsewhere about having to cancel the last time because of hurricane damage to your home in Florida ??? Now I remember, that's where I've posted a response to you, hoping you'll come over to the roll-call for the Panama Canal full-transit embarking in both Vancouver and LA Sept 29 and Oct 3 for FLL. I've been looking for a post from you over there ... join us, how about?

Ok, just happened upon the thread you started called "Passport questions." Not sure if you've caught up with people's answers to your question over there or not, but my original post to you is there.

Hi Infrequentcruisers ~

Coolchile, what is roll-call? We will be taking the same transition trip from Vancouver on the 29th as well.

Coolchile, what is roll-call? We will be taking the same transition trip from Vancouver on the 29th as well.

When you get the "Boards" page, go to the section on Roll calls, then HAL, then Zui, then OUR dates! Glad you'll be on board, ecl9335. :)

Archived