need help findind a beach

blazer10

we are looking for a nice quite beach just some chairs to rent, somewhere to get drink and not to many people - everyone has said 7 mile beach is crowded any ideas??

thanks

7 mile beach is five miles long, I am sure you will be able to find a spot, if you have the time and money you could go to Rum Point which has a lovely beach, hammocks and palms and one restaurant. its the other side of the island.

Matlily, have you been to Rum Point Beach? I've been trying to find someone who has been there recently and let me know how hard it is tendering and having time to get over there and back. It seems the only way to get there is renting a car for the day.

Matlily, have you been to Rum Point Beach? I've been trying to find someone who has been there recently and let me know how hard it is tendering and having time to get over there and back. It seems the only way to get there is renting a car for the day.

Look for Island Marketing - they have a van for 4 that will take you there.

We were at Rum Point last year. Rented a car and drove there. A couple things. Drivng on the opposite side of the road and car is kinda fun and not much a drive to Rum Point if you can find it the first time. Got lost and had to stop and ask for help. The round-abouts also get very confusing but Rum Point is the most beautiful place I have ever been. The water is warm and clear and wasn't very crowded. Just watch out for the prices on food. We paid $64.00 US for 4 bugers, fries and ice tea. OUCH.

We were at Rum Point last year. Rented a car and drove there. A couple things. Drivng on the opposite side of the road and car is kinda fun and not much a drive to Rum Point if you can find it the first time. Got lost and had to stop and ask for help. The round-abouts also get very confusing but Rum Point is the most beautiful place I have ever been. The water is warm and clear and wasn't very crowded. Just watch out for the prices on food. We paid $64.00 US for 4 bugers, fries and ice tea. OUCH.

excitedcruiser, did you have plenty of time to spend at Rum Point once you got tendered off the ship, got the rental car and got out there? Also was there any fee once you got there other than what you decided to eat? We are looking for a nice beach where you can snorkel and this seems to be one of the only places in Grand Cayman. I already knew the eating prices were high in GC even when you eat in town. We will probably try and keep that at a minimum. :p

excitedcruiser, did you have plenty of time to spend at Rum Point once you got tendered off the ship, got the rental car and got out there? Also was there any fee once you got there other than what you decided to eat? We are looking for a nice beach where you can snorkel and this seems to be one of the only places in Grand Cayman. I already knew the eating prices were high in GC even when you eat in town. We will probably try and keep that at a minimum. :p

I'd like to know that too - we are concerned about dropping off the car at the airport and shuttling back to make the last tender.

We are unsure of renting a car and are thinking taxi but I can not find anything about taxi rates and if they are available to go there drop you off and come back - also we are in 8 to 4 but we have never tendered when can you except to get to shore if we are ready early - do you wait in line until a tender comes to your ship - how does it work??

You can easily find a quiet spot on 7Mile Beach. The pic is my avatar was taken there and no people in sight. Lovely beach.

:)

Where were you dropped off? Is there any place along the "7 miles" that you would reccomend more? Anywhere that someone should avoid?

I'm looking for somewhere beautiful, with lots of palms, calm waters, and no people trying to sell me things!

Archived