NCL Does Away With Martini Clinics!!!!?????

rustybolts

On the Dawn this past April we went to our first Margarita clinic, and liked it so much we went back for the second with some friends. Jose MC'd and we sampled 6-8 drinks.

On the Spirit a couple of weeks ago they had multiple wine, beer, martini and margarita clinics so hopefully they are still going strong!:)

Martini clinics are great fun :) Can't see a better way to have fun at the price :) I wonder if the OP's friends accidentally overlooked it in their freestyle daily... :confused:

The Margarita tasting is also great fun and a good way to meet interesting people :)

It definitely wasn't overlooked. It was never printed in the Freestyle Daily as confirmed by the concierge on board on our cruise.

It definitely wasn't overlooked. It was never printed in the Freestyle Daily as confirmed by the concierge on board on our cruise.

This is true.

We just got off the Dawn and they had no martini or margartia clinics only a wine tasting. The martini club is buy one get next one 20% off. Big deal.

I was told this was a corporate decision, but I felt the officers telling me weren't totally forthright and now I'm sure they weren't since other ships are doing it. I think the personnel on the ship makes the call whether to have it or not, not corporate. No worries, we had our own clinic.

Just off the Dawn. No martini clinic:(

Good news...martini clinic returning this week...due to popular demand:)

Cosmo,

What did you do without a clinic?;)

Hope your cruise was great, but I know the answer already!

Just paid for our 2 day in October and can't wait until January for our Gem cruise.

Happy Cruising,

Monty

You're not making that up just to tease me, are you!!??? Did you hear that from the F&B manager or somewhere else???

MrTractor<---------loves it when a groundswell of popular demand changes the course of a ship......or at least the martini bar....:rolleyes:......

Just off the Dawn. No martini clinic:(

Good news...martini clinic returning this week...due to popular demand:)

I hope that this is true for our 8-18 cruise on the Dawn. We were going to send a note to the F and B manager asking about bringing it back.

Cosmo,

What did you do without a clinic?;)

Hope your cruise was great, but I know the answer already!

Just paid for our 2 day in October and can't wait until January for our Gem cruise.

Happy Cruising,

Monty

Hi Monty ~

Were your ears ringing? Did you hear us talking about you and Dianne?

Yes, Eka brought her martini menu to Gatsbys. Many laughs.

She's looking forward to seeing you again:)

You're not making that up just to tease me, are you!!??? Did you hear that from the F&B manager or somewhere else???

MrTractor<---------loves it when a groundswell of popular demand changes the course of a ship......or at least the martini bar....:rolleyes:......

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth:)...from the MOST reliable source and a "hint" that it would be Eka again.

Enjoy your cruise:D

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth:)...from the MOST reliable source and a "hint" that it would be Eka again.

Enjoy your cruise:D

Cosmo,

Who better to do the Martini Clinic? Everything goes around and comes back to where it should be. Eka's talents were being wasted.

I don't think she will be on the Dawn when we go in October, but we'll see her on the Gem in January.

Happy Cruising,

Monty

What sort of time of day do they usually have these clinics? They sound like a lot of fun but I don't want to spen my entire day feeling zonked (I get sleepy if I drink during the day so generally don't). My Mum likes a little drink but not a lot - will they let us share?

The clinics are usually held in the early afternoon and there is no problem with sharing..:D

When you have your CC gathering ask for a private clinic. It worked for us on the Dawn in April...:D

Maybe we'll try to do that on our Sun cruise in February. Should have plenty of time to organize one by then...:rolleyes:....

MrTractor<-------isn't very organized except when it comes to martini clinics.....at least BEFORE one starts........:eek: ...

My wife e-mailed the Food and Beverage Director on the Dawn about the martini clinics.

We received a prompt response stating that as of this current sailing (8/4) the martini clinics have been reinstated. For those of you wondering about the margarita clinics, these have been returned as well.

My wife e-mailed the Food and Beverage Director on the Dawn about the martini clinics.

We received a prompt response stating that as of this current sailing (8/4) the martini clinics have been reinstated. For those of you wondering about the margarita clinics, these have been returned as well.

Looks like that was a short lived change.

Nita

This is true.

We just got off the Dawn and they had no martini or margartia clinics only a wine tasting. The martini club is buy one get next one 20% off. Big deal.

I was told this was a corporate decision, but I felt the officers telling me weren't totally forthright and now I'm sure they weren't since other ships are doing it. I think the personnel on the ship makes the call whether to have it or not, not corporate. No worries, we had our own clinic.

Hi and welcome back! It was nice to meet you!

You must have made some impression on F&B because the following week the Martini Clinic was back up and running. :D

I just got a message from the ship Coordinator, Jennifer, on the Star. The Martini and Margarita clinic are very much still part of the activities. At least on the Star.

Nita

Thanks Nita, glad to hear it. We'll be on the Star in 5 months and I'd be mighty sad if we couldn't do our tinis!

Hi and welcome back! It was nice to meet you!

You must have made some impression on F&B because the following week the Martini Clinic was back up and running. :D

Hi Sherrie,

It was nice to meet you too! How was your 2nd week on the Dawn? I am glad the Martini Clinic is back again, too bad we missed it though!

Amy

Hi Sherrie,

It was nice to meet you too! How was your 2nd week on the Dawn? I am glad the Martini Clinic is back again, too bad we missed it though!

Amy

Hi!! Second week was nicer weather than the first. The Owners Suite was beautiful, but I hated the location and wouldn't book it again. I didn't attend the Martini Clinic, but I did eat in Le Bistro the second week and the waiter that told us about the Fondue was not working there that week :eek:

Archived