Would this cause a problem?

I am booking a group cruise and we have one single person in the group. We are a family of 4. Can I loan her my husband, putting him in her room (technically) so she doesn't have to pay 200%, or would this cause some sort of problem? I know one of my kids would be charged the full price, instead of the 3rd/4th person rate, but she would pay that extra cost for us. No one is actually paying attention to who sleeps where are they? Can you think of any reason this shouldn't be done?

Thanks for your help.

Go for it. I can lend her my husband if she wants. He's cheap and doesn't eat much. Just kidding.

That shouldn't be problem. Sometimes it's cheaper to book 4 people instead of 3 so people book for 4 and have a no show. They won't do a head count at night ( or maybe that's their plan???).

For our Christmas cruise last year, we took a group of 6 - my wife, myself, my 3 daughters (19, 16, 15), and dad. We booked the rooms so that one adult was in each room with one of the daughters. When we got on the ship, we rearranged things so that my wife and I had a room, dad had a room by himself, and the girls had a room. No problems. Folios were rearranged also.

I am booking a group cruise and we have one single person in the group. We are a family of 4. Can I loan her my husband, putting him in her room (technically) so she doesn't have to pay 200%, or would this cause some sort of problem? I know one of my kids would be charged the full price, instead of the 3rd/4th person rate, but she would pay that extra cost for us. No one is actually paying attention to who sleeps where are they? Can you think of any reason this shouldn't be done?

Thanks for your help.

Guess I'm a bit confused - rather your husband is "technically" booked in the room or your friend is by herself - SOMEONE has to pay for the extra 'half' of the room. With your husband being booked in the cabin, you would pay for him. Guess I'm confused - what's the difference with ONE person paying 200% rate or TWO people paying 100% each of the fare?

Guess I'm a bit confused - rather your husband is "technically" booked in the room or your friend is by herself - SOMEONE has to pay for the extra 'half' of the room. With your husband being booked in the cabin, you would pay for him. Guess I'm confused - what's the difference with ONE person paying 200% rate or TWO people paying 100% each of the fare?

OK, let me lay it out for you:

Scenario 1 - Four people in Cabin A, one in Cabin B. Two people pay full fare, one person pays double fare, two people pay 3rd/4th person fare.

Scenario 2 - Three people in Cabin A, two in Cabin B. Four people pay full fare, on person pays 3rd person fare. Single person in Cabin B pays to OP the difference in fare between full fare and 3rd person fare and gets to sleep with the OP's husband.

We are going to pay for him to go no matter what, he would just be staying in our room and not hers. The difference is only about $170 since she is getting the cheapest room, and she will pay that extra, which is still way cheaper than 200%. I will have 3 people booked in my room instead of 4. Is that more clear?

OK, let me lay it out for you:

Scenario 1 - Four people in Cabin A, one in Cabin B. Two people pay full fare, one person pays double fare, two people pay 3rd/4th person fare.

Scenario 2 - Three people in Cabin A, two in Cabin B. Four people pay full fare, on person pays 3rd person fare. Single person in Cabin B pays to OP the difference in fare between full fare and 3rd person fare and gets to sleep with the OP's husband.

Sorry - I'm really not trying to be dense. Just don't see the difference between "two people pay full fare, one person pays double fare" and "four people pay full fare." Just seems to me that 2 full fares + 1 double fare = 4 full fares.

The only thing is, I've already put him in our room. She hasn't paid her down payment yet. I went through expedia, so I think I'm just gonna tell the booking agent that he's gonna stay in his "sister's" room. She can't say no, right...

it breaks down to this:

scenerio 1: 4 full fares 2 3rd/4th person fares

scenerio 2: 4 full fares 1 3rd/4th person fare

In scenerio 1 the OP would pay 2 full and 2 3rd/4th fares

the friend would pay 2 full fares

in scenerio 2 the OP would pay 2 full fares and 2 3rd/4th

the friend would pay a full and a full minus a 3rd/4th fare.

long story short scenerio two saves a 3rd/4th fare.

Only 1 concern, if you got assign a cabin for 3 people only (2 beds and 1 pull out sofa), where are you going to put the 4th person?

Make sure your room is 4 people capacity then I think you are safe to do whatever you want.:D

I would be concerned that by booking 3 in one room and 2 in another and planning to actually have 4 in one room and 1 in another that the cruiseline may need the 4-person cabin for a group actually planning to have 4 in that cabin ... and would assign your group a cabin for 3 and another cabin for 2. Is is possible that the cruiseline would not allow a group of 3 to book a cabin capable of handling 4? Don't know ... just providing food for thought ... I would guess there is enough demand for cabins for 4 that some lines may sell those only to groups of 4.

We did it for my sister. In our group booking, my son is booked as her second person instead of our third. It saves us the third person rate in our room, I think, because they would charge a second full fare in her room no matter what. My dad said we should have him as a goal for our diet challenge - whoever comes closest to maintaining their goal weight for the cruise gets to have the toddler sleep in the other room. :D (It's connecting rooms anyway.)

Archived