Mini Suite Room Service Question

Jen515

we're going to be on an AF on the pride of hawaii on 8/20/07....

since it's before 1/08, do we still get concierge service, and what does that actually include?Thanks :)

The concierge reserves restaurant tables, gets early tender passes, and other chores you would normally have to stand in line for. A very nice perk.

I just got upgraded form a BC to a mini-suite (AF) on the Dawn for a March sailing. The executive from NCL said "this cabin is slighly larger in size than a regular balcony and it offers concierge service". Could the mini-suite perks vary by ship?

No. This is a new policy, with more and more passengers demanding conceirge service, we have simply overwhelmed the conceirge.

Many have been misinformed because this is a recent change. Some have booked cruises a year or more in advance. I think its the new buy Latitudes program, making twice as many passengers available for the conceirge service. Far too many for the conceirge to do their jobs.

Sorry if this new policy will affect you. Frankly, there were enough bleeding into this service without suites already. Now with bought passengers in cabins throughout the ship its impossible to please everyone.

Just returned from the Star and I'm even wondering about butler service. We were in AE Penthouse just for the butler service. (We've been spoiled by the Dawn). It's not what it used to be. We ordered breakfast 3 mornings and the butler brought the tray, dropped it on the table and left. On our last 4 cruises on the Dawn the butler brought breakfast and set the table. This was just like having room service deliver a tray. Only difference was a better menu. If they are too busy with the larger suites and villas they need to have more butlers.

Oh, oh, Mamarsh, this is one thing that was concerning me! What cabin were you in? Did you use your butler (or try to) for anything else? How were the afternoon treats? How was the food in the specialty restaurants? Any special restaurants for the suite passengers for lunch or breakfast?

Thanks in advance! I'll probably think of more things!:o

Hi four cruisers - we were in Cat AE, 8672, aft penthouse suite. I only had one other request for our butler. We cruised on the Dawn 3 times this year (all penthouse suites) and the butler brought the best hot chocolate each night. It's was the kind they make at the bars in the cappucinno machines - nice and creamy. I did make this request of our butler and the first three nights we returned to our room to find a carafe of hot water and a packet of Nestle's powder. We started getting our own at the bar before retiring. I feel the butlers are overwhelmed with higher suites and villas.

I've never been told on any of our cruises about breakfast or lunch at Cagney's for Suite passengers.

We did eat dinner at Cagney's, LaTrattoria, LeBistro and Teppanyaki. We made our reservations for all 4 on the first day through the concierge. We were disappointed with LeBistro. The food was good, but having made the reservations 4 days prior I would have thought we would have a decent table. We were seated outside the restaurant in the back corner table by the service station facing the wall and the service station. When sailing on the Dawn, Claudio was the concierge and he knew where you were at all times for dinner. He always stopped by while you were dining to make sure everything was okay. This was not the case on the Star.

Well, thanks for posting. I'm sorry the butler was a disappointment. It's not too late for us to cancel, so we'll see. I wonder if service was worse since all the other suites are basically forward? Still no excuse, of course! Who was the concierge? I like the idea of making the reservations ahead and not worrying about it! Our favorite table at Le Bistro was the one outside but right by the piano. I think we will try requesting it! :o We also enjoyed lunch in the Japanese restaurant (can't think of the name!). Hoping they have that available again in November!

Archived