Extremely Picky Eaters

MaryLS

I will be on the Caribbean Princess in Dec. 04. The other 5 I am traveling with are extemely picky eaters, i.e., no condiments, cheese, garlic, sauces, etc. They will not try new things. I reviewed the dining room menus for the ship and they will never eat the selections. Can they order anything even if it isn't on the menu or will I be stuck at the buffet all week? Is the buffet decent? What kind of food do they have on the buffet. Thanks for any info you can provide.

I agree with cruise junky. The always available menu includes steak and (I think) chicken, and baked potato. Which they can order every night in the dining room if they like. Also, they are very good if you ask them to hold the sauces on anything else. Watch out for the salads, as my FIL calls them "weed salads" on most nights. If they like Ceasar salad, that is also on the always available menu.

Actually, they may have MORE problems up on the buffet sometimes. They have some very odd salad combinations up there at times. Of course, they are always slicing something, ham, roast beef, turkey... so I guess they could focus on that.

I say try to get them in the dining room. If they absolutely hate it and can find nothing they like, you can always head up to Cafe Caribe afterwards and check out what's on the buffet. And you might consider letting them have some pizza or a hamburger at around 4 o'clock, just in case! ;)

TinaLee

Archived