nominal charge ?

-=STeVeO=-

Cruisin on Crown , would like some examples of whats considered to

be this nominal charge i keep readin about for specialty cafes,ice cream,etc..

Coffee is free unless you want freshed brewed coffee or a specialty one. As far as ice cream. There is an ice cream bar where you have to pay for what ever you get.

You can also get ice scream for free between 1530-1630 (3:30-4:30 PM) where the buffet is at. There is also free ice cream at dinner in the main dinning rooms. I am not sure as to the cost because we purchased a coffee card and did not purchased any ice cream.

If you go to the International Cafe you can get 3 scoops of Gelato for $1.50. They also have Tapas for $4 for four pieces.

If you order coffee (outside the dining room/buffet/room service) you will pay a nominal fee for it. Also if you order hot chocolate or specialty coffees (cappucinno etc) you will pay a fee for it. Nothing outrageous. We were just on the Crown last month and it was $2.88 (with tip) for a large hot chocolate with whipped cream. A regular coffee is $1.25 plus gratuity (15%).

Ice cream is free in the dining room at lunch or at dinner. You can also go to Cafe Caribe each afternoon at 3:30 for free ice cream. If you wish, you may purchase ice cream next to the pizzeria on the Lido Deck at any time. It was $3.75 for a milk shake (very good). I also got a sundae for about $3.50. I don't have a problem paying for ice cream. My husband and I love milk shakes and that is delicious to get and sit on the balcony during sailaway from a port being cooled down by our shakes.

Hope this helps.

Archived