Concierge Class on Mercury??

PeggySand

We are thinking of upgrading our 2A cabin #9151 to a Concierge Class cabin for our 12/06/04 11-night cruise to the Mexican Riviera. The price difference would be a total of $260 for the upgrade ($130 pp), and I am wondering if the amenities are worth it. I would love to hear from all of you who have experienced a Concierge Class cabin. Tell me what amenities you really enjoyed and if you were glad you booked that cabin over a regular veranda cabin. One of my concerns is that the Resort Deck would be right above us. Would this mean extra noise and some loss of privacy on our veranda?

Thank you for your help.

Peggy

I am bumping my question up because no one has given me any information!! PLEASE HELP......... I would really appreciate your opinions on the Concierge Class cabins vs the regular veranda cabins on the Mercury.

Thanks,

Peggy

I've sailed the Mercury but not for a while. The ship layout is not fresh in my mind. They didn't have CC then.

I've done CC several times on the Millie class ships. I personally would enjoy the CC cabins for $130/PP on an 11 night cruise. You might get a lot of noise from above depending on your cabin location. In my opinion the major negative for the CC cabins is their location which is usually below the noisy resort deck. It looks like the area below the Palms Springs cafe might provide the quietest cabins.

The CC amenities are enjoyable.

Thanks "Spender Nui" for your response. The different amenities sound great, but our concern is having the Resort Deck above us. If I'm not mistaken, the CC cabins and verandas are the same size as the 2A cabins, right? Maybe we can request a pillow top mattress in our 2A cabin? I would love to read some more opinions on the Mercury Concierge Class.

Peggy

Peggy,

We just got off the Mercury the end of July and were in CC cabin 1022. I would not spend the extra money. The cabin as you say is the same size. You have to ask for the pillow menu and then it is only fair, the flowers are OK but nothing like the picture. The bath towels and shower head were nothing I even noticed. The breakfast room service menu was good but we only used it twice as the room is just not that big it is hard to find a place for it in the room our on the balcony.

We are taking the Century in October and have elected to not to do CC. It would cost us another $70.00 a piece and I figure that $140.00 equals about a three day bar tab for us, Of course the wife only has 1 or 2 drinks a day. My advice is use you money for something else worth while.

Ho out

Peggy,

If you can get room #'s 1200,1201,1240 or 1241, these are CC on Sky deck and have HUGE balconies & are away from most of the noise up with all the sky suites! They would definitely be worth the x-tra $$$$!!!!

One more thing to keep in mind about a CC class cabin!

I just picked up a 2005 Alaska brochure and the suggested tips for a CC stateroom attendant is 4.00 per person per day, compared to $3.50 per day.

Not a big deal just new. :rolleyes:

FYI

PORTER

You can always ask, most times if everything is equal, they will accomodate you.

The $.50 wouldn't be such a big deal if you get better or more service, but just for cabin ammenities, why increase the tip amount??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Peggy,

I have not had time to write a review. You will love the Mercury. The ship is nice but but to me looks like a box. The service is very good. The meals are OK to good. The entertainment I thought was very good. The pool and band looked nice but with us being in Alaska there was not many people out at the pool. I did not like the fact that Celebrity does not tell the passengers the truth. We were cut short on time at two port both of which we had our on tour scheduled. They said it was due to high seas. When I got back I read on these boards that they have been cutting the same ports short for 5 weeks but never said a thing until the day before we were to arrive. It forced us to cancel one excursion. They are also a little close to a dollar when it comes to drinks. The service was great so I repeatedly tipped the bar tender an additional $10.00 over the 15% each time. Usually they will add a little more Vodka or whatever you are drinking knowing you are going to tip them additional but apparently Celebrity has a rule against hand poured drinks. We also saw a guy ask for 2 hamburgers at the grill and was told they can only give out one at a time. No big deal but they do look to be, well cheap. Now with all that said I am booking Celebrity again this October so the good far outweighs the bad. Good luck I am sure you will enjoy your cruise.

Ho out

Ho -- Thanks again for your information. It is comforting to know that you will be booking again with Celebrity!! This will be our first time sailing with Celebrity, and I am looking forward to seeing what differences there will be in service and food quality. I have sailed Carnival x 3, Princess and RCCL, so I know I will be making some comparisons. It will be our first time with a veranda, so I am really looking forward to that!! Now, if I could just make the next three months go a bit quicker.......

Peggy

You will very much enjoy the Mercury. We sailed the Mexican Riviera late January on the 10 day cruise. We had the sky deck suites with butler and it was fab! I would absolutely do it again in a heartbeat. The deck you are talking about may be loud with noise above but the sky deck is wonderful!

Datco/Deb

Archived