Buying wine and dine package ahead?

We have purchased a wine and dine package on our last two cruises, an enjoy the convenience of just picking from the list we've paid for at dinner.

We are cruising again on Freedom of the Seas in October, and I see that we can now purchase our wine and dine package ahead of time through the RC website.

On the one hand, I like the idea of getting this out of the way and having one less thing to do as soon as we board. On the other hand, I envision RC losing/never receiving/never sending the order to the ship, and my having to spend half a day arguing with the purser's desk about it. I would of course take a copy of whatever cofirmation RC gives me, plus the credit card bill with the charge, but the idea of having to sort it out on board, makes me hesitate to order in advance.

If you have ordered a wine and dine package in advance could you let me know how your experience was?

Thanks!

We actually ordered two packages for the 7/15/07 sailing of Rhapsody. One was a gold package for my DW's parents as they celebrated their golden wedding anniversary. We selected gold for them because it covered their palate well. DW and I chose the Diamond package for the wider variety. Both of them were purchased on different days to spread the fees out a bit. DW's sister and her husband also purchased a package the same way.

At the dining room the first night the waiter came with a card to have us sign. There was no charge as it was paid for previously.

I guess, our experience was very good with this process and would use it again.

Disclaimer: I was worried a bit about RCI not having the order or that it got messed up. So I printed and carried with me the order confirmation and receipt to verify that I had already purchased the package. Didn't have to use it, but I would still recommend carrying it along!

We have purchased a wine and dine package on our last two cruises' date=' an enjoy the convenience of just picking from the list we've paid for at dinner.

We are cruising again on Freedom of the Seas in October, and I see that we can now purchase our wine and dine package ahead of time through the RC website.

On the one hand, I like the idea of getting this out of the way and having one less thing to do as soon as we board. On the other hand, I envision RC losing/never receiving/never sending the order to the ship, and my having to spend half a day arguing with the purser's desk about it. I would of course take a copy of whatever cofirmation RC gives me, plus the credit card bill with the charge, but the idea of having to sort it out on board, makes me hesitate to order in advance.

If you have ordered a wine and dine package in advance could you let me know how your experience was?

Thanks![/quote']

Ooooooh where do I go to book me one of these? I can't see anything obvious on the RCI site :(

Select the "Deals & Gifts" menu line and go to "Shop Gifts and Gear" and select the "Shop onboard" then select the "Wine & Dine" icon.

Oooo found it! I never even knew that section was there! Champagne and chocolates for the husband (read:me!) in the room for arrival I think!

We have been looking at the packages. Can you pick which wines you want from the list, or do you get one of each from the list. I prefer Shiraz, and don't really care for white wines.

So the question is can I mix and match the order between Shiraz, Merlot and Champagne?

We have been looking at the packages. Can you pick which wines you want from the list, or do you get one of each from the list. I prefer Shiraz, and don't really care for white wines.

So the question is can I mix and match the order between Shiraz, Merlot and Champagne?

You pick your wine off of the package list. You do not receive one of each variety. You are free to pick all Merlot if you wish or to mix and match as you wish. We ordered only red wines all week and only did one repeat.

Will they allow it to be brought to the room. I am thinking a nice bottle of wine while sitting on the balcony would be nice.

You can order a bottle to be delivered to your cabin, but not within the wine and dine package.

We tried the wine and dine package the last cruise, but found the variety to be lacking. They would not allow us to order a bottle from the level below ours, which seemed odd to me. You can save a few $$, but look over the choices carefully, to make sure what they offer is what you would like to drink. In the future I think we may just order off the wine list every night.

We pre ordered the Wine and Dine package for our last cruise in March

You were able to order a bottle from your package and have it delivered to your stateroom. We did it!! maybe they weren't supposed to, but we sure did it and there was no problem.

I have read some other posts here regarding the wine and did read that the selection is greater if you order by bottle on the ship instead of getting the wine and dine package. Just out of curiosity, what are the basic wine prices or a price range when you order a bottle on the ship either in the dining room or to be delivered to your room? I know this will vary greatly depending on the quality/type of wine ordered, but am wondering what some of the selections for red wine are and what the prices are.

I did read that if you do not finish the bottle in the dining room, you are allowed to take it back to your room.

Yep - you can actually just walk into the Windjammer and pick up a bottle if you want. It's yours, you paid for it, you can drink it wherever you like.

Wine and Dine Package: $125

Wine on the balcony watching the waves go by? Priceless!

I have read some other posts here regarding the wine and did read that the selection is greater if you order by bottle on the ship instead of getting the wine and dine package. Just out of curiosity, what are the basic wine prices or a price range when you order a bottle on the ship either in the dining room or to be delivered to your room? I know this will vary greatly depending on the quality/type of wine ordered, but am wondering what some of the selections for red wine are and what the prices are.

Someone did a great job of photographing the wine lists recently on the Jewel. They may not be the same, but it will give you an idea of possible selection and price:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=598309&highlight=wine+list

I think you can get a fair idea of the selections by going to the gifts and gear section on RCI's website along with the cost.

That is pretty much how we determine if the wine package will save us anything in cost per bottle.

We preordered wine for our cruise next month. On the order form you are given the option of having it delivered to your stateroom or to the dining room and we chose the stateroom. Gotta have that glass of wine on the balcony! ;)

Archived