Please help! Private Tour Suggestion Needed!!

alkbud

Hi Cruise Critics--

I need some help. We will be in St. Thomas from 9am-8pm in late September. There will be three adult couples. We would love to have some sort of private boat tour for a day of snorkeling and cocktailing. CCL offers an excursion "Castaway Barefoot Sail and Snorkel to Shipwreck Cove" that I am tempted to book, but wanted something a little longer than the three hours that it offers.

Please help!! Thank you so much in advance...

Try a day sail on the Rumbaba. My family and I just returned from a week on the Glory and chartered the Rumbaba for a day of sailing, snorkeling and swiming off St Johns. Capt Bobby and Karen also prepare a terrific lunch your choice of filet, mahi,tuna, or chicken.Karen also makes a great frozen Rum Runner. You can contact them at rumbabac@rumbabachaters.com or call 340-690-1659. Capt Bobby will only take up to 6 people so it is really a private charter for a $115 per person including the lunch and cocktails. If you go tell Bobby the Smith gang from Virginia Beach said hi.

If you use the search function on this Board (upper right on your screen) you can search for "Day Sails" or Google "Day Sails St Thomas" and you should come up wth lots of them. Most leave from Red Hook so it would be a cab both ways and they run about $100 plus tip for the crew per person.

They are very popular. Hope this helps.

B.

• 2 weeks later...
I highly recommend Captain Jim Kozar and the Jester Day Sail.

We did this in June while in St. Thomas and absolutely loved it.

www.sailjester.com - check him out and tell him Crystal from Texas said "hello." Good Luck!

We have this booked for four of us in October of this year. Can you give me an estimate on cab fare from the Dock to where he takes off?

Thanks!

Hi Cruise Critics--

I need some help. We will be in St. Thomas from 9am-8pm in late September. There will be three adult couples. We would love to have some sort of private boat tour for a day of snorkeling and cocktailing. CCL offers an excursion "Castaway Barefoot Sail and Snorkel to Shipwreck Cove" that I am tempted to book, but wanted something a little longer than the three hours that it offers.

Please help!! Thank you so much in advance...

We wanted the same thing and had a great experience sailing on the Winifred and snorkeling at Christmas cove. Let me know if you would like more information. I would say we were on the sail boat for 4-5 hours and snorkeled for 1-1/2 hours. The captain of the Winifred is Sharon and she gives an excellent tour. There were 5 of us total. If you go, make sure to have some of her home made rum punch....it's awesome!

We have this booked for four of us in October of this year. Can you give me an estimate on cab fare from the Dock to where he takes off?

Thanks!

If I remember correctly - it was about $40 or $50 dollars. Sorry - that's DH's job......ha. Good Luck and enjoy! Be sure to tell Jim we said hello from TX.

Archived