Mi Dushi or Jolly Pirates ok for non-snorkelers?

kichan

Both trips sound like they will be alot of fun, but dd (age 11) and I have never snorkeled before. What are the requirements (basic swimmer, etc?), and if we're not able to snorkel, is it worthwhile going on this excursion?

You don't have to snorkel, but it sure is fun. We were on the Jolly Pirate last week, and it was GREAT! I wouldn't go into the water on the first stop. It is very choppy and not good for first timers. The other 2 stops are very calm and I am sure the crew would be happy to show you what to do. Our first snorkel excursion was in St. Croix, and they actually go to a beach and teach you how to snokel, if you have never done it before. Jolly Pirate had nothing like this set up, but like I said, the crew is great and I'm sure if you told them you have never snokeled before they will give you a private lesson. It would be totally worth it.

You will enjoy the trip either way. What are your other ports? It really is less stressful to learn to snorkel from the beach. Bonaire is a great place for this. Just wondered if you were going there first.

• 4 weeks later...
You will enjoy the trip either way. What are your other ports? It really is less stressful to learn to snorkel from the beach. Bonaire is a great place for this. Just wondered if you were going there first.

If I may ask, where are some good places to snorkle in bonaire? Are they from shore? Do you have to pay to enter a beach, etc.?

MiDushi will now only take reservations throught the cruiseline and it's $99 adults which is too much in my opinion just to ride along. You may feel otherwise. The website says they take online reservations but I just contacted them and they said through the cruiseline only.

Lalafrance, I would definitely call or email to confirm your booking.

Nancy (Seal), I have already given my name on my email and my cruise info. or I would try telling them I was staying at a hotel. I wonder if we did tht if they would try to put us on another day that a ship didn't have booked.

What I don't understand is their website says they'll take online reservations and doesn't say anything against cruise passengers booking directly with them.

I was also told that they would only take reservations directly through the cruise ship. (We are sailing on RCCL Adventure of the Seas in December.) I wasn't given this info until after I tried to book onlilne though.

I have since booked Jolly Pirates for the same day.

Hi, we'll be on the Jolly Pirates on Christmas Day. You said you'd be onboard in December but not which day, are you there on Christmas also?

What time do you dock? We dock at 8am and I hope they assured me we'd have time to get there before they depart at 9am.

I was also told that they would only take reservations directly through the cruise ship. (We are sailing on RCCL Adventure of the Seas in December.) I wasn't given this info until after I tried to book onlilne though.

I have since booked Jolly Pirates for the same day.

Jetstorm, we will be in Aruba on December 4, not Christmas day.

The tour itself doesn't actually start until 9:30am. They ask you to get there a half hour early because they anticpate some people will be running later. Carla at Jolly Pirates said it's about a 15 minute cab ride from the cruise ship terminal. I think you'll have plenty of time to get there assuming you get right off the boat and there aren't any delays in port.

Have fun on your trip and excursions.

Do you know if we dock in Aruba or tender in? I know it takes a while to get everyone off if you tender.

I'm sorry to hear we won't be on the same pirate cruise but since you'll be there first come back to cc and post a review please when you return.

The ships dock in "downtown" Aruba--not far to the piers in the high-rise area--I'm assuming they both take off from there--the 2 piers are about a 5 minute walk apart--if that much

It's not a long cab ride--don't know how it would be on Christmas Day--except that tourism is their main source if income--I believe that cab drivers would be working--

Nancy:D

Thanks you, that makes me feel more comfortable about booking this excursion on my own.

The ships dock in "downtown" Aruba--not far to the piers in the high-rise area--I'm assuming they both take off from there--the 2 piers are about a 5 minute walk apart--if that much

It's not a long cab ride--don't know how it would be on Christmas Day--except that tourism is their main source if income--I believe that cab drivers would be working--

Nancy:D

Archived