Orlando to Cocoa Beach

cruzcupl

Oh I love Cocoa beach..good choice. We like that it's close to the Port. Where are you staying? We just stayed at the Ron Jon resort..not the best choice. Also the Holiday Inn is absolutely positively horrible. NEVER stay there.

Anywho, we took a taxi over to Cocoa Beach from the airport and it cost $80 for the 5 of us and all of our luggage. I believe in the past years, we have gotten a rental car, but this time we took a taxi . I don't know.

I would rent an Avis car at the airport and return it in Cocoa Beach and use their shuttle to the pier. It is pretty quick and efficient. They will be at the pier to pick you up after your cruise too. For that large a party it may be worth renting a minivan rather than spending the money for transfers.

I recommend eating at Grills for a precruise dinner. What hotel are you staying at? We were at the Radisson and it was great. We had the room with two king size beds and it was just over $100 per night and it over looked the pier (Room 234). The pool at the Radisson is great and the room even had a jacuzzi in the bedroom area and a refrigerator and I think a mini microwave too. Very nice.

We took a shuttle - Blue Dolphin - $55. They met up with us at baggage claim and were great. I would recommend staying at Fawlty Towers. We were there, they have a nice pool and a very "island" feel to the place. There's a neat tiki bar right next to the pool. For $60 or $70 a night, it's the way to go. You're right next door to Ron Jon's and right near the beach. We ate at a fabulous restaurant about 4 blocks away right on the ocean, Sunset Grill. We watched dolphins playing about 6 feet away from us, it was spectacular. :)

Archived