Dawn aft cabin (penthouse)

Sidetracker

Has anyone stayed in the penhouse cabin on the aft? Any complaints or did you really lkie it? The port-aft and starboard-aft show wrap around balcony, but NCL said it was the same size as the ones in the middle-aft. Does the balcony really wrap around? :confused:

Thanks for any info.

Hi - We were in cabin 9236 (Penthouse) on the Dawn in April of this year. We really enjoyed the cabin and extra space. The balcony is not very wide, but there were two lounge chairs on it. We did notice that the people in the cabin next to us (on the end) had opened up the door that separates the balcony from the wrap around side of the ship. (You can see the wrap around balcony in pictures of the AFT of the ship). They were able to walk out onto that part of the balcony. Normally NCL keeps those doors close, but maybe there is a way to get them to open them up.

We did a Jewel trans-Atlantic in a stern balcony and loved it. Just booked a stern AD for Jade's trans-Atlantic in November-December 2008.

We're heading out on the Jewel in December and we have an aft room on the 11th floor. The Great Outdoors bar is right above us and I'm wondering if that is a problem. Was your room on the 11th floor?

We're heading out on the Jewel in December and we have an aft room on the 11th floor. The Great Outdoors bar is right above us and I'm wondering if that is a problem. Was your room on the 11th floor?

We were on 10, which has larger balconies. Yes, on occasion we'd find an empty Splenda or Sweet 'n' Lo wrapper blown down to our balcony by the wind, but no big deal. Great Outdoors is more an outdoor extension of the buffet than it is a bar. Never a problem with noise or any other behavioral issue.

Stern balconies are a great way to cruise. We hounded our TA to make sure we got our request in early for our next trans-Atlantic. Enjoy.

You are going to love the aft. We have had it twice, then 2 forwards. This January back to the aft on the new Gem.

As for wrap around on the Dawn. There is a locked door between the deck and the wrap. If you get your steward to open it, make sure it doesn't swing and bang. We never got a chance to use it as it had been opened by steward a couple of years back then closed by someone else who left a message on our phone. I am only presuming it was making noise and someone complained.

Enjoy your cruise.

Guest BeckyThane
You are going to love the aft. We have had it twice, then 2 forwards. This January back to the aft on the new Gem.

Cruise Mouse ~

Are you on the Gem 1/5/08? If so, be sure to come join our roll call!!! DH and I are in an aft AE on 8, and we know of one other on our roll call.

We're trying to find out who the people in between are so we can all get friendly and open up the doors between balconies and have one HUGE aft balcony!!!

We're also considering a progressive party between PHs one night.

Enjoy your aft balcony!!!

~ Becky

As for wrap around on the Dawn. There is a locked door between the deck and the wrap. If you get your steward to open it, make sure it doesn't swing and bang. We never got a chance to use it as it had been opened by steward a couple of years back then closed by someone else who left a message on our phone. I am only presuming it was making noise and someone complained.

Enjoy your cruise.

Do you think if I bring a bungie cord to wrap around the door it would keep it from swinging and making noise? Sure would like to have that door open. :cool:

Archived