Majesty or Sovereign

ukbpl

Majesty just got a new renovation earlier this year. She got all new uprgrades in rooms and public areas. She goes out of miami and Sovereign goes out of Port Canaveral (Orlando airport). Sometimes it is cheaper to fly into Orlando (at least for me). Either one is great.

Looking to do a quick weekend getaway and I am considering the 3 day Bahama jaunt on Majesty or Sovereign with my wife. Is one better than the other???

I haven't been on the Sovereign but the only thing wrong with the Majesty is that the cruise wasn't long enough :p

On the three night I would choose the Sovereign due to the fact that she visits Nassau on Saturday and Coco Cay on Sunday. The Majesty visits Nassau on Sunday and most of the stores are closed. Also take into account which port you would rather cruise from. Miami or Pt. Canaveral. Both ships have been refurbished and are almost the same in all other areas.

We just got back not 2 weeks ago from a 4-night Bahamas on Majesty. In fact, search for my thread called "Just Off Majesty" here on CC. You can see some specific things that people asked recently. Haven't been on Sovereign, but we were impressed with the food, staff, and entertainment on board. Of course, with a brand new refurb just completed it was really nice. ENjoy which ever you choose.

i agree both ships are great we went out of port canaveral in april the only problem was i didnt take into the fact that orlando has disney and the plan ride home was full of babys crying and kids everywhere not a very relaxing trip home from a wonderful criuse

We have been on both and they are both wonderful short getaways.

Personally, if you have to fly into the port, I would go the least expensive flight cost. There is not enough difference in the ships to matter much.

If money is not the object or you are driving to the port, I would take the Majesty. Sovereign WAS my favorite ship until sailing on the Majesty. Everything was great on our last cruise, food, service, and staff is second to none.

Lastly, Miami is much more scenic (sp) than Port Canaveral however I personally like to sail from PC due to ease of getting to/from port.

No mistake will be made with either ship. JUST BOOK IT AND ENJOY!!!

Tim

Hey Tim, too much time on your hands huh? Doesn't some pins need to be reset or something?

I concure with Mr. Tim, The Majesty is really nice since her refurb. We are looking forward to be on her in 6 weeks again. We sailed on her in March right after the refurb and it was great.

Dan

Archived