Budget Rental Agency in Corfu

I have seen people mention on this board that it is a 1 mile walk to the Budget Car Rent office in Corfu. Budget lists two rentals at the port. Are these new? Does anyone know which is closer to where the RCCL Splendour docks?

NEW PORT

132 THEOTOKI STR.

CORFU, 49100 GR

Location code CF7

NEW PORT

ACHARAVI MAIN ROAD

CORFU, 49100 GR

Location code AC2

Is there a car rental agency located right on the dock that we can book ahead. I have seen reports that if you wait until you get off the ship there are no cars. I have seen "Royal" mentioned but I have not found a website. Has anyone used "Sunrise?" Thanks for any help.

I don't know about Budget. We just reserved with "TOP CARS" in Corfu. They responded quickly to our request for a quote. We reserved a class C car for $40 euros with all insurance included. Less for a smaller car. Only stick shifts available. They said they would be at the port waiting for us. Hope this helps.

there is one agency with an office in the passenger terminal but not sure of the name. They were renting various sizew cars to whomever walked up. However- find a company on the web, maybe via recommendation and they ALL will deliver the car to the terminal building and be waiting for you when you arrive.

We used Sunrise in June and we were very pleased with it--we booked the car with them online--a rep was waiting for us near the dock and answered all of our questions about where to go on the island and gave us a good map.

Les

Thank you all. Sunrise just quickly sent us a quote for both a small car and a 7 passenger van (we might share with friends). Did you just book with them through e-mails? Did they ask for any money ahead of time? I booked a small car with budget online without using a credit card. If we go with the van we will use Sunrise, They quote 125E while Bugget wants 145E. The small car price is the same (around 50E) but if Sunrise is right on the pier we are better off with them.

Archived