Carnival Victory Hits Building as it Docks

site41

Hi all,

I was on this cruise with 3 friends and we were in our cabin waiting to be called and watching GMA when the local news came on and reported the accident. We did not feel a thing. I remember someone said (maybe during the galley tour) that it was going in for an update, repairs whatever they want to call it and that was before the little bump into the pier. I took pictures of the news story on the tv and they came out very nice plus one of my friends took pictures when we got off. All I know we had a great time! :D Now I need to get back to my napping so I can catch up on my sleep! :p

...What is it with you and the squirrel? :D...

i dunno, LMAO.:D i just d-o-n' -t k-n-o-w. just the mental pic of a squirrel scampering around the bridge...were oak trees breakin' through the roof?

of all things to think of...not a rat, not a seagull...not anything else you might find on the water...no,...a squirrel.:p

This ship is going out to dry dock Oct 21 - Nov 3. Does anyone know if this was already scheduled or are they pulling it out due to the accident.

I was thinking of going on the Victory and I'm hoping they're going to replace carpet and do some updating when they pull it out of the water.

I think it was due anyway but it was scheduled to be pulled out

early next year right before John Mayer was scheduled to perform.

????

Shell

It was already scheduled...

Hi all,

I was on this cruise with 3 friends and we were in our cabin waiting to be called and watching GMA when the local news came on and reported the accident. We did not feel a thing. I remember someone said (maybe during the galley tour) that it was going in for an update, repairs whatever they want to call it and that was before the little bump into the pier. I took pictures of the news story on the tv and they came out very nice plus one of my friends took pictures when we got off. All I know we had a great time! :D Now I need to get back to my napping so I can catch up on my sleep! :p

Isn't it surreal watching a news story about your sailing while you're still on the ship? We had that happen on Liberty back in February, when the news reported on the attempted hold-up of a group of passengers in Costa Rica.

Glad you had a good time - When you have a chance to catch up, please post some more about your cruise.

Archived