princess food/dining rooms

lizi116

We will soon be going on the Caribbean Princess. I plan on having the kids dine with us in the dining room, but DD is very picky. I was wondering if I can bring pizza from the buffet into the anytime dining room for her to eat. Is it close, or would the waiters be able to get it? Just wondering, I thought I had read something about this before.

We will soon be going on the Caribbean Princess. I plan on having the kids dine with us in the dining room, but DD is very picky. I was wondering if I can bring pizza from the buffet into the anytime dining room for her to eat. Is it close, or would the waiters be able to get it? Just wondering, I thought I had read something about this before.

If you, personally, wanted to go get it from the buffet (or from the pizza restaurant - theirs are quite good) and bring it into the dining room I doubt anyone would stop you. But the buffet is close to the top of the ship and the dining rooms are several floors below that so I don't think it would be appropriate for the wait staff to go trekking up to the buffet and back just for the sake of some pizza.

How old is your DD? Perhaps you can make a deal with her that she at least try something in the dining room first and if she doesn't like it you can go to the buffet after?

I think I remember pizza being one of the items on the kids dinner menu. Maybe someone else can confirm, but I think there was a choice of a slice of cheese or pepperoni pizza on the kids menu that's always avail in the dining rooms at dinner (along with the requisite chicken & fish sticks, hambuger, etc.).

Best,

Mia

Nevermind - I just did a search on the Princess board and the kids menu doesn't have pizza. I agree with the above poster, that you could get some and bring it in with you. Though there really are a lot of choices to keep even a picky eater happy. One of my girls has the fettucini every night.

Thanks! She is 9 and extremely picky! I think the pizza will be a fall back. Fettucini sounds like a good choice, and there is always spagetti. She doesn't like most meats, but I have been talking to her about at least trying some new things on the cruise. Maybe the atmosphere will get her in the mood!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=79028

Some ships have this printed out on a Kids' Meal menu page, but other ships do not have it. Basically, everything on this menu is available at dinner time.

If your child only eats Pizza, just tell your maitre d' as soon as your board the ship OR during the first night's dinner that pizza is the only thing your child will eat. Your waiter will have a pizza ready for your child every night afterwards. But even a picky child will get bored with only pizza. Since a 9YO can read the menu, perhaps you can make a game with her and try to figure out what to order from the adult menu as well as the kids' menu ahead of time.

Spaghetti with marinara sauce (plain tomato sauce) is also available. Basically, if you can describe the dish that your child likes, your waiter will relay this message to the chef and by the next night, the stuff your child likes will be available.

If your child doesn't like the main dish menu, I'm sure she'll enjoy reading the adult dessert menu.

I think cruising is the best vacation for those of us who have children who are picky eaters.

This is an item that I would talk with the Matre D about. Just let him know that your child is a picky eater and see if you can make arrangements to have a standing order of Pizza available for your child each night. I would go this route before I would take pizza into the dining room each evening. I think it would be better plus the pizza would not be so cool by the time you are all seated and you wouldn't have to run around right before dinner.

Keith

Princess( at least on the Crown) does have pizza on the kid's menu, along w/ hot dog, hamburger, spaghetti, chicken fingers,fried chicken )not positive on this one) and grilled cheese. Fruit cups and cheese is also available for them. I'm sure you will find something, don't worry!

Archived