Key West Trolley Question

I know this has been covered before - but I can't find the answer using the search - so thought I'd ask again.

We're in Key West from 4pm - midnight and want to do the trolley. It says it operates till 4:30. So will it be closed when we get there and we need to find something else? I get so confused with the different time zones.

Thanks - we leave in a week!

slickmouse, you're on the Rhapsody aren't you. I've done that cruise 2 times and the trolley was still running when we arrived. It leaves from a spot very near the dock. If you're concerned, book the shore excursion from the ship - that one will definitely be running when you get there.

Have a great trip. I loved my 2 Rhapsody cruises!

Amy

we were on the Rhapsody three weeks ago,,, and did the trolley. IMO your better off doing your own thing. we paid $40. for the 2 of us and got off when it was 1/2 way through the tour... IMO the tour doesnt have much to see,,, not worth the money.,,, in a word boring.

Just my take on the TOUR.

i have to agree with ninib and setsail. key west is much more fun on foot! DO NOT miss the frozen key lime pie on a stick! OMG it is wonderful

but most important....be in a good spot for sunset! don't miss it! it is awesome! i missed it the last time i was there because i was too late getting back to the dock to get a good standing spot!

have a great trip and you will love the rhapsody. i have been on her several times and i have never been disappointed!

hope to sea ya soon out on the sea! Judy

Thanks guys - I was hoping it would still be running. We'll probably just walk and see stuff - but my in-laws are going and he has a heart condition - thought it would be better for him to take the trolley.

I was worried it wouldn't be running still.

Thanks - can't wait!

Nice thing about doing the trolley is you can get on and get off... if you do the train, you're stuck on the train for the duration.

I think there are also motorized mini-cars you can rent. Not sure if there are any places near the docks, but if you see one of those egg-shaped vehicles, you can find out where they come from...

Frank

We hired a taxi to take us down to southernmost point. Cost $10. Then we walked back up Duvall St. Stoppped at Blonde Giraffe half way up Duvall for cheesecake on a stick. Did some window shopping on the way to the ship. Taxi was great because it cut our walk in half.

Key West is such fun at night. We just went bar hopping. I don't drink much, so I mostly listened to some decent music - and enjoyed the ambiance. That port is on my list of stuff to do on a land vacation. I just need to find a week when there aren't a lot of ships coming in.

OK, tell me about the trolley.... We'll be traveling to Key West in Oct with elderly MIL and Aunt and thought they'd enjoy taking a ride around Key West. If we take the trolley instead of the Conch Train and get off somewhere, how often does it come by to get back on? Does this require a special multi-stop ticket?

Here is what I understand - the trolley makes it's rounds - it stops at the more popular places and you can get off - then wait for the next trolley (they run every 15-20 minutes) and go to the next stop. One ticket for the entire trip. If you don't want to get off - just stay on till you find a stop you are interested in or get back to your starting point.

I think this is what we are going to do - thanks all!

Archived