2 for 1 cruise when purchasing Kroger brand cereal?

At Kroger they have a cereal box promoting 2 cruising for the price of 1. You go to this website https://www.seewhatsaboardforyou.com/merlin/seewhatsaboardforyou?command=get&style=info/login

enter your code, pay a $1.95 processing fee, then get a brochure for a cruise for 2, for the price of one.

It looks like you can choose Royal Caribbean, Carnival, or Norwegian.

Usually when things look too good to be true, they usually are. So has anyone seen this, sent off for their brochure, and found it to be a good deal? I'm skeptical.

We don't have Krogers here in Long Island. The only thing you seem to be losing is a 1.95$. Look at their prices and then compare them to the websites. The 2 for 1 might be based on brochure fares which not too many people pay.

The 2 for 1 might be based on brochure fares which not too many people pay.

I was thinking the same thing, so I checked the link. Here's an excerpt of what it says under "Terms":

Valid for one companion in the same stateroom, on the same cruise as the recipient noted on the Registration Form. Applies to cruise fare only, per guest, based on double occupancy for new cruise bookings. Government fees and/or taxes are additional. Buy One Get One Free is based on the base cruise fare and double occupancy at most current fleet brochure rates for interior staterooms and ocean-view staterooms. Offer may apply to balcony staterooms and suites on select ships and itineraries. All passengers must pay Port/Government taxes. Contact your Capitol Cruise advisor for details.

so it's brochure rate, cruise fare X 1 and port charges/taxes X 2.

almost nobody pays full brochure rate normally, so you'd have to compare what they're offering to what you can book normally to see if it's really a savings after all.

And since RCI has eliminated brochure rate, since as posted already almost no one paid that rate anyway, exactly what would be the base fare used?

Doesn't sound like much of a real offer when you look at it closely.

Like the OP said, if it is too good to be true......!

WE looked at it here. Hannaford is our supermarket and it is offering the same "deal". I received a quote that was less than $100 (in total) less than the rate I could get myself on RCCL. Don't do it a waste of time. Plus they don't include "higher" end rooms. Oceanview is the highest that will quote. Not saying that there is nothing wrong with that but just wanted people to know BEFORE they spent $$.

Don't do it a waste of time!!!:mad:

so it's brochure rate, cruise fare X 1 and port charges/taxes X 2.

almost nobody pays full brochure rate normally, so you'd have to compare what they're offering to what you can book normally to see if it's really a savings after all.

Thats what I was thinking except RCI doesnt have a brochure rate.

I saw that same thing on boxes of cereal in Krogers. We have them here in Texas.

My other question would be if I could choose WHICH cruise it was, or they picked certain cruises. I would want the Voyager out of Galveston...could I choose them as my 2 for 1?

Archived