Sept 5th Voyager to Canada-White Capris OK?

thedebbied

I will be on a 5 night sailing from Bayonne,NJ to Canada. We leave the day before Labor Day. Is is acceptable to still wear summer type clothing such as white capris and sandals during the week? The weather can probably range from hot to cool so packing is going to be interesting.

Wearing white after Labor Day is no longer considered a fashion risk. That went out years ago. But honestly, how much do you truly care if someone who you do not even know and will probably never see again sees you in white and says "Oh my gosh, she is wearing white". I mean, really.......

IMHO, if you were headed to the Caribbean, at any time, white is fabulous. However, it may be a little cool headed to Canada for white, unless you're talking about a heavy cotton or knit. I would think linen, flax or anything sheer in white may be chilly.

However, as crazy as the weather's been on the East Coast, if it's hot, sure white anything is fine. I've never believed in the "no white after labor day"

rule that our grandmothers abided by. :rolleyes:

Hey, people wear jeans when it's 95 degrees in the Caribbean in the summer!:eek:

Have a ball!

Wearing white after Labor Day is no longer considered a fashion risk. That went out years ago. But honestly, how much do you truly care if someone who you do not even know and will probably never see again sees you in white and says "Oh my gosh, she is wearing white". I mean, really.......
OT, but TREATPETSWITHLOVE.....I'm one of those people who watches Animal Cops and Emergency Vets on Animal Planet and cries her eyes out! We have a 10 y.o Standard Poodle, Maddie, that we are absolutely in love with. She's our first pet and we adore her. :D I'm a major animal lover (not crazy about snakes and rodents, but.....LOL!)

Love your screen name!

Archived