BAck from Imagination..Good cruise bad problems

Maria&Roberto

The circle remains unbroken. Brats beget brats, and so on, and so on. It's hard work raising kids properly to be fine upstanding decent adults. Too many parents are too lazy to work at it. So they raise low lifes who raise low lifes, who raise low lifes etc.

I get a kick out of the responders who tell you to cruise at a different time, or different line. Ah....true liberals. Dammit, control your kids! Decent people shouldn't have to conform to your dysfunction! Raise them right so they're a pleasure to be around, and there are many.

As far as not traveling during school vacations.......more and more school districts are changing to year round schedules, thus there will be kids all year....don't get me started on the parents that take their kids out of school for a cruise. :eek:

The circle remains unbroken. Brats beget brats, and so on, and so on. It's hard work raising kids properly to be fine upstanding decent adults. Too many parents are too lazy to work at it. So they raise low lifes who raise low lifes, who raise low lifes etc.

I get a kick out of the responders who tell you to cruise at a different time, or different line. Ah....true liberals. Dammit, control your kids! Decent people shouldn't have to conform to your dysfunction! Raise them right so they're a pleasure to be around, and there are many.

As far as not traveling during school vacations.......more and more school districts are changing to year round schedules, thus there will be kids all year....don't get me started on the parents that take their kids out of school for a cruise. :eek:

Huh? What on earth does that have to do with people controlling their children? :confused: Believe me, I know a few people that shouldn't have reproduced and they run the political gambut.

Keep in mind that children that behave so badly are ALLOWED to behave this way because of their ADULT parents!

It's not the kids' fault, they were just being kids!

I couldn't agree with you more.

We cruised last year with our boys 3 and 4 and never had any issues with them disrupting other passengers. We were complemented repeatedly on their behavior, even at their ages...it is all about the parenting and the respect you instill in your children for others!!!:D (sorry, not trying to "toot our own horns")

As for the dining room, honestly, I love my boys and all, but it's just too long of an "event" to expect them to sit in respectful silence, but that's just me. We learned that quite quickly the first evening and made sure that we only made our dining time if they'd had good naps in the afternoon. Otherwise, it was buffet.

I think what it comes down to is some people just don't get it. Our children are not entitled to do whatever they want. If mine had disturbed other passengers, I would have immediately apologized for their behavior and corrected it or removed them from the situation. My children know that the time to have a "word of prayer" is the time for a rapid behavioral transformation...

Also, dive masks are a great addition to your packing if you have children. Ours wore theirs any time we went to the pools and we did not experience any "salt related" issues.

We cruise again in two weeks and didn't think twice about bringing our boys with us.

Moral: Parents...take responsibility for you children. Their fun shouldn't be at the expense of others...:)

I've worked with children and families for 13 years, and sadly this is very true. The cycle of dysfunction is very hard to break and I've seen it many times, and it can be all walks of life. It goes back to non-parenting or poor parenting. People having kids too young, changing partners...having more children with different people, and down the road not understanding why they're so screwed up. My belief is, its getting worse and the schools need to strictly deal with parents who have not taught their children the basics. As for cruises, if a parent is not around and their child is out of control I have no problem disaplining them or obtaining a cruise employee.

I have to agree with the OP here. Control your children. When talking isn't working take it to the next step, and apply the hand of education to the seat of learning.

It was said earlier that children behave badly because they are allowed to. Couldn't agree more with that statement either.

I couldn't have said it better, of course when its someone elses kids; a few sharp flicks to the ear or head work well too. :)

Archived