RC Embarkment Night - Dress Code in Dining Room?

Leaving this Sunday on the AOS

Wasn't to sure what the dress code was for the first night (embarkment) in the dining.

DH will be wearing shorts \ tee \ sneakers for traveling. ( me- capris \ tank top)

Is that OK to wear in the dining room?

Or should I plan on a change of clothes? (Carry-on bag)

Pants \ shirt \ shoes for DH and for me a nice top \ skirt.

Wasn't to sure what the dress code was for the first night (embarkment) in the dining.

DH will be wearing shorts \ tee \ sneakers for traveling. ( me- capris \ tank top)

First and last night are always casual, so they wont turn you away whatever you wear (except bathing suits), but the majority of people will at least put on a pair of long pants for dinner.

POLICY is long pants for men [etc]. Most people will have had their luggage delivered by then, but it is possible to still be waiting for luggage so unless you are wearing a wet bathing suit or something offensive looking [and I'm not quite sure what they would be, maybe ripped clothing with obscenities written on them:confused:] they will let you in. Once [using cruise line transportation] they were literally announcing my main [early] dining while I was still on the embarking gangway. Obviously it was come as you are. But no harm in changing and making a good first impression if you can.

The luggage handling is usually good and you will most likely get your stuff before dinner. If you have been traveling all day in your duds you may want to change. If the luggage arrives late or no time to change they are very lax on the 1st night.

I doubt you will be traveling in a bathing suit so I'm sure you'll have something on that is acceptable to your table mates. My concern is not so much on if I am offending the RC staff but what will my tablemates think. I'm trying to please me and those I associate with and I judge RC staff has the same concern. "Don't worry be Happy"

My luggage didn't arrive in my cabin until AFTER dinner--and I wore shorts the 1st night. Don't worry about making "first impressions"--who are you trying to impress? 1st night is totally casual. Come as you are!

No one is going to say anything about you wearing shorts/capris/tees on first night, but you might want to think about putting some clothes in your carry on anyway, just in case your luggage never arrives. If you're flying and your luggage is lost, or the porters misplace it, at least you'd have a bathing suit and one change of clothes until you get to the first port. Just a thought. Flying home after my Mariner cruise, my luggage wound up in OH instead of PA, just lucky it was on the way home instead of going to the ship.

Thanks everyone for your input.

I packed a small case with a change of clothes, would like to "freshen up" after a long day of traveling anyway.

And, now know that you don't need to get "dressed up" for the first night.

My luggage didn't arrive in my cabin until AFTER dinner--and I wore shorts the 1st night. Don't worry about making "first impressions"--who are you trying to impress? 1st night is totally casual. Come as you are!

ITA. We were on Liberty OTS last month, and most people that I saw wore shorts or capris to dinner first night . We ate at first seating, and I don't think many had received their luggage by then.....I know we didn't. We always followed the dress code on the other nights, but I have to say, a lot of our fellow diners did not, and no one blinked an eye! Personally I was too busy enjoying my food and family time with DH and DS's at dinner to worry or care what others were wearing.

Thanks everyone for your input.

I packed a small case with a change of clothes, would like to "freshen up" after a long day of traveling anyway.

And, now know that you don't need to get "dressed up" for the first night.

Have a great time on AOS! She's our favorite ship.

Archived