Splendour?

I am a "rookie" at this whole thread business, so bear with me! My husband and I just booked our first cruise this week. We are cruising on Splendour of the Seas. After looking through the different forums, I haven't seen any information about this ship. Is there something I should know, or are we okay? I'm panicking - HELP!!

We sailed on the Splendour in March. We sailed out of Galveston but you're probably sailing out of Florida since the Splendour has moved for now. We had a great time on that ship. Several of us had posted reviews when we returned but I think we lost most of them when the switch was made to the new boards. The Splendour is a beautiful ship and the crew was excellent. You'll enjoy it! :) Do you have any specific questions?

Julie

i've been on the splendour twice and have her booked again for jan 2005. she's a beautifiul ship. she doesn't have all the amenities that are on the mega ships, like the promenade or the ice skating rink. but she does have a warm ambiance and a beautiful decor, friendly staff and lots of other amenities. she's a very nice ship and i've been on all the classes of ship and still booked her. don't worry you didn't make a mistake. enjoy your vacation.

7_6_4.gif

We're sailing out of Tampa on March 26th. We're doing the 7 night cruise to Grand Cayman, Belize City, Costa Maya and Cozumel. From what I've researched, I think we're going to swim with the sting rays in Cayman, tube through the caves in Belize, do our own thing in Mahahual (Costa Maya), and tour the ruins of Tulum from Cozumel.

Do you have any suggestions for different excursions? Recommend any good excursions companies? (It sounds like the cruise excursions are like packed sardines!)

We sailed on the Splendour a couple of years ago to the Panama Canal. She is a great ship--a little older but in great shape and when we sailed the staff was truly one of the friendliest and most attentive we have experienced. I'm sure you will have a great cruise!

We sailed on Splendour out of Barcelona, and she is a wonderful ship. We were only sailing about 2/3 full, so it was a pretty peaceful trip. The staff were all wonderful.

Stop by the Champagne Bar and see if Neil and Godfrey are still there. Godfrey makes a wicked good French Martini!

-Jean

Im also sailing on January 8th, ive never sailed RCI before, but im looking forward to it. The intinerary on this ship is exactly what we were looking for. Does anyone know if that sailing is sold out, i went to look at the prices again to see if they had went down or up, and they went WAY up, if they even had availability. Makes me wonder what happened to make this particular date fill up so fast, because it was the cheapest one in january (maybe i just answered my own question)

nauticaz, back when i booked this cruise there were great prices and within a few days the date disappeared from the web site. then it shows up sporadically. i think we are on with a group. too many rooms disappeared too quick. see you and cruzin patty on

1/8/05e_1_22.gif

we have sailed on her twice and not been disappointed. Have booked again for Dec 11 out of tampa and are thrilled because thats where we live. We currently have Carnival, and some other small ships as this is a small port. There are eight of us going and our rooms consist of the Royal Family Suite, a balconey and a JS. I am getting excited, final payment is due next month which means its getting closer to sailing time. We sailed her on our very first cruise in 1998 a ten day circle the caribbean. Id do it again in a minute Have a great trip

Archived