Renaissance Hotel

DougandEric

We are staying overnight 11/17/2007 at the Renaissance Long Beach before our Diamond Princess Hawaii cruise and I have a couple of questions.

1. On the maps I'm seeing something called the 'Promenade' that appears to be a pedestrian walk from Ocean Blvd to the harbor area and through the convention center. Is this true and is it accessible in the evening - thinking of walking from hotel to Shoreline Village for dinner. Google Earth says it's about 1/2 mile which is fine with us for walking. Is this a good route to take or should we stick to the major streets?

2. We plan to take a taxi from the hotel to San Pedro on sailing day. Can anyone give me an approximate cost for this? It appears to be about 7 miles so I'm thinking $20?

3. Any other suggestions for restaurants for dinner on Saturday night? We're on vacation so price doesn't really matter but good food and atmosphere do! Is there any restaurants that serve 'California cuisine' in the area - most just seem to be chains that are everywhere any more.

Thanks in advance!

Doug

Archived