What ports would you pick in the carribean?

travgurl

If you could go to any ports in the carribean which ones would you pick and why? Which Carnival ship would you want to go on?

That depends on what you want to see. If you want to see Mexico, then Belize, Costa Maya, and Couzmel. However, we did not care for the Western Caribbean.

We are now headed to the Eastern in 6 weeks. St. Thomas, and St. Maarten.

It just really depends on you.

As for Ship, GLORY of course. Love the ship.

We loved St. Martin and St. Thomas. We thought both were beautiful places. We were on the Valor and loved that just as much! We had a great time with a balcony cabin on the Panorama Deck. Very convenient to everything!

Anxious to see which ports everyone chooses for the Eastern and Southern Caribbean routes because that cruise will be next up on our schedule.

Everyone please also say WHY you like the ports that you mention. It will sure help myself and probably others also decide on which ports to really choose. :)

Thanks,

Don

I have been on 2 carnival cruises so far (third one coming up in Ocotber!)

My first was the Destiny and my favorite ports so far were on that ship. We did Dominica, Barbados, St Maarten (but we ended up taking a ferry and renting a boat to tour St. John's) and Aruba.

I especially loved this itinerary because each port offered something unique and different from the others. Aruba has the beautiful beaches, and the dessert like terrain, with natural bridges, and amazing waves crashing onto rocky shores.

Dominca is a rain forest, and it has waterfalls, and gorgeous naturally fed pools.

And Barbados has some of the most beautiful beaches and crystal clear water I have ever seen, and the people are so very friendly!

Our other trip was on Glory, and it went to St. Maarten, Nassua, and St. Thomas. I was really underwhelmed by these ports. Can't really explain why...just thought they were not "pretty" I really got very few scenic beautiful pictures, and the ports were very heavily geared towards tourism, and didn't seem to have the charm of some of the other ports.

Our next cruise is to the western caribbean, and that is something new entirely, so we'll see how it compares to the first cruise.

I'd go back to Aruba because it was quaint and unspoiled (not overrun by tourism, at least it wasn't in 1996) and beautiful and rugged (intriguing-desert island).

I also LOVED St. Thomas (for the beauty). I want to see ALL of the Virgin Islands.

I'd love to see the Bahamas for the beautiful beaches.

I don't think it matters which ship, unless it has alot of negative publicity. We really aren't very picky and have had a WONDERFUL cruise every time (4 out of 4)---Carnival Fascination (1996), Norweign Sea (2000 & 2004 though retired now), RC Rhapsody of the Seas (2002).

Barbados (beautiful island - would love to go back)

St. Lucia - sounds beautiful, and I haven't been there

The rest are because they aren't as heavily touristed as St. Thomas, Ocho Rios, St. Maarten, and that interests me. I'd like to go to new places.

Virgin Gorda

Tortolla

Antigua (beautiful beaches, quiet island, some very elegant resorts)

St. Kitts and Nevis

and I could go on and on . . .

Antigua - Very beautiful! Went on the Adventure Antigua tour and it was the BEST thing I have done!

Barbados was pretty, but not on my favorites list. I spent the day at Boatyard and it was fun, and the water is gorgeous.

St. Lucia was the best in Snorkeling that I have done. The most incredible sea life.

St. Marteen is still one of my favorites, for the Beach at Orient Beach. The mountains sloping down to the most beautiful water anywhere.

I am going to check out St John's when I return to St. Thomas. My mother and I got caught up shopping last time, all day!

If you could go to any ports in the carribean which ones would you pick and why? Which Carnival ship would you want to go on?

I guess it would be The Southern Carribean....Grenada, Curacao, Trinidad/Tobago, maybe Isla Margarita, and Costa Rica.

I have been on 1 Carnival Cruise (Destiny) wouldn't mind going on her again but then embarking somewhere other than San Juan (although I would sacrifice if it was going to these Islands:D ) My 2nd cruise is going to be on The Glory in May '08 so I'll have to get back to you on which ship I prefer.....but the Glory has a pretty High standard to live up to ( IMHO)

Andy

Costa Maya was the most amazing port I have ever been to. Unspoiled natural beauty (in Majahual) -- just stunning beaches and a quaint village. I felt safe and loved my $20 massage (for one hour!).

I am also a Jamaica defender. If you have thick skin and can say "no thank you" a lot -- it is gorgeous, and offers a lot more culturally than St. Thomas/St. Maarten. The food in Jamaica is amazing.

To me, St. Thomas, St. Maarten were just okay. Beaches were pretty, but other than that, these islands were kind of boring. Not a lot of cultural distinction, if that makes any sense. Just Diamonds International after Diamonds International. Bleh.

are Cozumel, St. Thomas and St. Martin. Cozumel was really fun...lots to do and see and love the beach there. St. Thomas, I'd love to go back and head to St. John this time to do some snorkeling. And St. Martin was very friendly and reasonably priced...lots of shopping deals to be had and I'd love to head to Orient Beach/Pinel Island.

Although I'd like to try each class of ship atleast once, I really enjoy the bigger and newer ships.

I have to say I loved everything about my Legend Western Caribbean cruise back in April. We had excursions in Grand Cayman and Belize and just hung out at the beaches in Costa Maya and Cozumel.

Grand Cayman was lots of fun, we did the Rays, Reef and Rum Beach tour. It took our whole day and they took care of us from start to finish. We were on a 20 person boat and that in itself was fun. We zipped along to where the rays were, petted them (well I ran from them) then moved to the reef to snorkel. Even though we were pretty deep in the ocean, I didn't feel scared at all because the boat was there. Rum Point beach was quiet and quaint and we had a GREAT lunch there. I was also able to hunt for shells and swim near shore.

Belize, we went cave tubing with the outside vendor and it was a lot of fun. We hiked further away than the cruise ship tours and got an extra cave out of it. The guys running our tour were just fun to be around.

Cozumel, we went to Mr Sancho's and did a little but of shore snorkeling. There were hundreds of fish in knee deep water, it was fantastic! Try their yard long margaritas, mine started with a Y and it was so good :)

Costa Maya, we did the $20 hour long massages too and they were great. The little 80 pound girl that did mine popped my shoulder back in place lol We ate and drank at the Cats Meow and thought the prices were really good. Next time we are going to shore snorkel there too.

I'd go on this exact same cruise again in a heartbeat :)

St. Thomas - absolutely beautiful and if you get a chance you can take the ferry ride over to St. John which is equally if not more beautiful.....nice snorkeling too

Cozumel - water is the most beautiful blue....good snorkeling here too

St. Martin - so many pretty beaches, you really can't go wrong here

:)

Archived