Allura Catamaran

Jesterscourt

We loved it! We had not planned on doing this excursion - we were scheduled to Snuba. However, the snuba was canceled due to "technical difficulties" and we reluctantly signed up for the Allura. It was so nice. We motored over to the sandbar which took about 30-40 minutes. You can sit wherever you want on the boat - at the front on the trampoline part, under the cabin, or on top of the cabin. We sat on top of the cabin. The sun was out but there was such a great breeze that it felt wonderful. When we arrived at the sandbar, they were awesome in helping us feed, feel, etc the stingrays. There is a sweet lady there that takes pictures - but bring your $$$!!!! She charges a lot to burn them on a disc for you - I think we got 10 pictures for $60.00! :eek: But - it was a once in a lifetime thing and the pictures were really fun!

We sailed back. It took about 45min to an hour. Oh - how relaxing! It was really an awesome trip. VERY relaxing and pleasant. The only downside for us was that there was a lady smoking on the boat and we couldn't seem to get away from her smoke. We are not prudes about stuff like that but it would have been nicer not to have to smell that - I would have rather smelled that salty water! Awesome!

Edited to add - we did this on the Conquest out of Galveston, not the Princess. I'm not sure if that makes a difference?? May be a different excursion all together. Sorry if I posted in error.

Archived