Ship's email service

Norfolk Brit

We are on QE2 shortly, and are leaving the email address provided by Cunard with our daughters in case of emergency. Is a hard copy run off by the ship's staff and delivered to the cabin or do you have to check your emails by logging on?

Thanks, Mary (who avoids computers if possible when away)

We are on QE2 shortly, and are leaving the email address provided by Cunard with our daughters in case of emergency. Is a hard copy run off by the ship's staff and delivered to the cabin or do you have to check your emails by logging on?

Last time I was on incoming emails were printed off and delivered to the cabin. Assuming they got to the ship - it wasn't 100% as I recall.

Matthew

Dear Mary,

Congratulation & Bon Voyage! We had the pleasure on being on the QE2 over 14 times and will miss it's presence within the Cunard Fleet.

Don't be sad, my parents are not Computer Literate and we offer our services when they need internet information. Also, my mother believes in still using Postal Stamps as source of mail communication.

It depends which ship/ships you are on and the type of email/internet service that is offered. The QM2 does offer email service in both the Internet Center and also thru the TV in your cabin.

If I am right, and experienced and used in the past, the QE2 offer email service thru their Radio Room on the Boat Deck, Forward. You can send an email thru that room. Then if there is a return message, the Radio Operator will forward the message to your cabin thru your Cabin Steward/Stewardress. You should also review your pre-cruise documents and literature that you should in possession of.

Hope this information helps you.

If I am right, and experienced and used in the past, the QE2 offer email service thru their Radio Room on the Boat Deck, Forward. You can send an email thru that room. Then if there is a return message, the Radio Operator will forward the message to your cabin thru your Cabin Steward/Stewardress. You should also review your pre-cruise documents and literature that you should in possession of.

This is now out of date, and the radio room is the Caledonia Suite - grade QS.

It is either a laptop at one of the four hotspots (Lido, Yacht Club, Boardroom or computer room) or using a computer in the computer centre - two deck forward.

Matthew

Archived