Reservations at Specialty Restaurants

CALMOM

Yes you do have to be onboard to make reservations at the specialty restaurants. They set up in front of Sabatini's or you can use the phone in your room to make a reservation and avoid the line.

Thank you, have you had dinner at either restaurant on the Island? I love Italian so I thought I would try it.

We ate at Sabatinis on the Coral one night. It was excellent. It's a lot of food, but it's served over a long period of time and in small portions. We were there for almost 3 hours, so go hungry and pace yourself. And go easy on the bread;) . That might be hard to do because it's very good- better than the basket that you get in the main dining rooms. And of course, if you wnat more of anything, you just have to ask. I would recommend Sabatinis as a fun and better meal than what you'll get elsewhere on the ship.

Thank you, have you had dinner at either restaurant on the Island? I love Italian so I thought I would try it.

We have eaten in Sabatinis and The Bayou several times onboard the Island and the Coral.

The surf and turf in The Bayou is awesome. :)

We have eaten at the Bayou two times and both times were excellent. Sabattini's in my opinion is to try it once. Personally I would not go again as they give you a tremendous amount of food and frankly it is too much for me.

Marilyn

Sabatinis will probably be unlike any other italian restaurant you have been to.

We ate at Sabatinis on the Coral one night. It was excellent. It's a lot of food, but it's served over a long period of time and in small portions. We were there for almost 3 hours, so go hungry and pace yourself. And go easy on the bread;) . That might be hard to do because it's very good- better than the basket that you get in the main dining rooms. And of course, if you wnat more of anything, you just have to ask. I would recommend Sabatinis as a fun and better meal than what you'll get elsewhere on the ship.

Thanks, I can taste it now:D. What is the cover charge?

We were on the Island to Hawaii last December and ate at Sabatini's once and The Bayou Cafe several times in 15 days. Both had excellent food. I believe the Bayou ended up being our favorite, very, very good food and nicely served! Try the Bread Pudding with crushed Pistachio Nuts and drizzled Caramel on top. Like no other you have ever tried.

I believe the charge was $20 each and well worth it!

On my recent cruise on RCI's Adventure of the Sea I had dinner the first night at the specialty restaurant (Portofino). I liked it so much that right then and there I made reservations for dinner every night for the rest of the cruise (good decision in hindsight since the food I did try in the dining rooms (breakfast and lunch) and buffet was bland beyond belief).

Now, I understand that Princess' food quality is supposed to be a step up (they better be since they have the seal of the Confrérie de la Chaîne des Rôtisseurs up on the web site) but - just in case - could I end up doing that as well on my 9/16 CB cruise?

Please don't flame me. Other people spend money on jet skis and beach trips - I like good food... (How I wish Chef's Table was available - I'd be on it every evening).

On my recent cruise on RCI's Adventure of the Sea I had dinner the first night at the specialty restaurant (Portofino). I liked it so much that right then and there I made reservations for dinner every night for the rest of the cruise (good decision in hindsight since the food I did try in the dining rooms (breakfast and lunch) and buffet was bland beyond belief).

Now, I understand that Princess' food quality is supposed to be a step up (they better be since they have the seal of the Confrérie de la Chaîne des Rôtisseurs up on the web site) but - just in case - could I end up doing that as well on my 9/16 CB cruise?

Please don't flame me. Other people spend money on jet skis and beach trips - I like good food... (How I wish Chef's Table was available - I'd be on it every evening).

Nothing wrong with that, to each his/her own. :)

Sounds like I should try both restaurants. I am always amazed at the quality of food on a cruise ship and the amount of people they have to serve and still keep quality.

Thank you all for you feedback, don't you just love this web site:D

Archived