Dancing at the Fortuna

avantgarde

Hello everyone...

We've been to Celebrity, RCCL, Norwegian and Princess and this will be the first time we will be cruising Costa in February 2008. We've been told that Costa liners have the best dance venue. My husband and I and 4 of our friends are crazy about dancing. Can somebody please tell us what the dancing is like at the Costa? We do a lot of ballroom dancing and although doing the latin dances is not a problem, doing the standard dances can sometimes be frustrating when the dance floor is not a good size.

Thank you.

Counting the days...

Avantgarde

My girlfriend and I are booked on the Fortuna for Jan 27-Feb 3.. There will be 300 people from the Phila area.. all Ballroom dancers or wannabe's like myself.. should be a great time, some on the cruise are professionals.. Maybe you should think about going a week earlier.

Marty

• 2 weeks later...

Dancing on Costa is the best. I have not been on the Fortuna but have been on Magica and Mediterranea several times. There are often dance groups on the ships, and the dance floors are very large. Except for one cruise, the musicians have played actual ballroom dance music and play continuously (even during show times) as two groups will alternate during the evenings, so you are not faced with a musician's break. Enjoy your cruise!

• 6 years later...

The Fortuna I believe is the same classs as Magica, large circular floor.and is rather different from Mediterranea. The Luminosa and Deliziosa are the new versions of the Mediterranea.

Just got off MSC Divina. Far inferior to Costa for dancing, review to follow. Will be getting on Luminosa this afternoon, was on Deliziosa last April.