RCCL Majesty of the Seas - Dec 10 - 14, 2007

Kathy Q

Hi,

The pricing is very good on this RCCL 4 night cruise right now. Starts in Miami, goes to Nassau, Cococay, and Key West. I booked a category I, ocean view single for $337 (incl taxes, port fees, etc.). I did get the senior discount (=/> 55 years old). Without that, the price goes up by about $30. It's a little less than 150% of a pp cabin charge, not the 200% a lot of cruise lines charge.

Anyone else going? :D

Kathy Q

Hi,

The pricing is very good on this RCCL 4 night cruise right now. Starts in Miami, goes to Nassau, Cococay, and Key West. I booked a category I, ocean view single for $337 (incl taxes, port fees, etc.). I did get the senior discount (=/> 55 years old). Without that, the price goes up by about $30. It's a little less than 150% of a pp cabin charge, not the 200% a lot of cruise lines charge.

Anyone else going? :D

Kathy Q

Thanks for posting... nice deal.. May have to book this...I am sailing with a co worker 6-10th on the Enchantment.... may have to do B2B....sort of...lol

Thanks for posting... nice deal.. May have to book this...I am sailing with a co worker 6-10th on the Enchantment.... may have to do B2B....sort of...lol

I know I'm not allowed to say who I booked it through, but in addition to the great price, I also got $65 in on-board credit and a $20 gift card! I also found a pretty inexpensive hotel ($70 incl tax), a half a mile from the Miami airport, that offers a free shuttle to and from the airport as well as to the ship. They don't pick up from the ship.

Hope you can join us!

Kathy Q

Kathy, did you check out the hotel on the boards or tripadvisor? I lived in Miami for 20+ years and there are some areas near the airport that are not the best idea for a solo, especially a solo woman. One of the bigger problems you may encounter is dining in that area, if the hotel does not have decent restaurant/coffee shop. I have not looked for a while, but I think there was a thread about Miami hotels. Look into the Holiday Inn, and the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay has a cruise package. There's also an Intercontinental downtown. There may be something closer to the Port that may cost a bit more but will be safer for you.

Enjoy your cruise - wish I could take time off from work, with a deal like that!

Liz

Hi Liz,

I'd heard of tripadvisor.com but never used the site. I did go check it out though and it looks like what they offer will work for what we need (two of my friends have booked solo cabins on this cruise since I last posted).

There's a Bennigan's right at the end of the parking lot and La Quinta serves a continental breakfast in the lobby so we won't need to wander far from the hotel itself.

The only really negative review came from someone who had planned to park their car at the hotel while on the cruise and was disappointed that the first available shuttle to the cruise wasn't until 2:30 (others had already booked the earlier ones).

I'm arriving around 3:30 on Sunday and will hopefully be there in time to book an earlier shuttle for Monday. I like to get on the ship as soon as they open up boarding. I want to enjoy every minute my $337 cost me! :D

That was a great site though. Thanks for the tip. I've bookmarked it for future trips.

There are 11 folks who've responded to the roll call for that cruise (8 in addition to my friends and me).

Kathy Q

Sounds like you are all set, Kathy. Have a great time - some of us will be working... (trying to save-up for the next cruise, of course!!)

Liz

Sound like a great sign that I should have made and hold up on street corners...

"Will work for cruising!"

:D Kathy Q

I am planning on booking tomorrow for this cruise! I am going solo as well. I went on this cruise in May and had a blast with my GF at the time, this time I wanted to to go somewhere for my Birthday (Dec 9th) and came upon this deal. 307 for an OV. I am interested in your deal Kathy Q! I have never went on Vacation alone, so I am really excited and a bit nervous!

I am planning on booking tomorrow for this cruise! I am going solo as well. I went on this cruise in May and had a blast with my GF at the time, this time I wanted to to go somewhere for my Birthday (Dec 9th) and came upon this deal. 307 for an OV. I am interested in your deal Kathy Q! I have never went on Vacation alone, so I am really excited and a bit nervous!

Welcome aboard! You'll only be as alone as you want to be. My group has booked 6 cabins so far and you're welcome to hang out with us! Here's the link to the roll call for that sailing. There are several other Cruise Critic members sailing as well.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=584119&page=4

Kathy Q

Archived