Majesty Cruise in November???

Hi all. I'm planning a 4 night on the Majesty for my 30th birthday sailing on the 12th. I've never been to the Bahamas or Key West and I'm really excited. I have a couple of questions for you Majesty Veterans out there.:D

#1. Will the weather be nice in November? I live in Chicago and anything over 75 feels great to me.

#2. Are obstructed views really horrible or should we just go for an inside room? Best deck with obstructed view?

#3. If the weather is bad for CocoCay day will they change the route so we don't miss the stop?

Thanks for your help.

We sailed the Majesty in Nov. a couple of years ago. The weather in the Bahama's was beautiful. (although the ocean starts to cool a little by then) If you plan to do any scuba diving, you may want to consider a wet suit. The high's were around 77 each day. We just came off a cruise on the Majesty in May of this year. The weather was a little rainy and we missed Coco Cay. They usually don't change your itenerary due to rain. It rained on us most of the day in Nassau, and when we pulled up to Coco cay, it was raining, so we left and had a day @ sea. (although the Captain did find us some sun that day!! Can't comment on the obstructed view rooms, we have always had an inside cabin. The ship was totally renovated several months ago, and is in realyy good condition. Good luck. We leave on Nov. 12th as well on the Carnival Fantasy out of New Orleans.

Hi all. I'm planning a 4 night on the Majesty for my 30th birthday sailing on the 12th. I've never been to the Bahamas or Key West and I'm really excited. I have a couple of questions for you Majesty Veterans out there.:D

#1. Will the weather be nice in November? I live in Chicago and anything over 75 feels great to me.

#2. Are obstructed views really horrible or should we just go for an inside room? Best deck with obstructed view?

#3. If the weather is bad for CocoCay day will they change the route so we don't miss the stop?

Thanks for your help.

Hi, Carmen, we will be on Majesty in November also, doing a back to back on November 26. We are from Homewood, Illinois, just south of Chicago! :)

We sailed Majesty in November a few years ago. The weather should be very nice. The water might be a little cooler than in the summer. It was definitely warmer than 75 in all our ports.

We did miss Coco Cay due to rough seas. The week before we went that year, several people were "marooned" over nite on Coco Cay because the tenders could not bring them back due to a sudden front that came through, causing rough seas. So they are very careful about that! We had a Sea Day instead..no other port was substituted.

Not sure about the obstructed views, we had an interior. The interiors on Majesty are smaller than the industry standard, she is an older ship, as you know. I did not bother us at all, just didn't spend more time than necessary in there. :)

As stated, if the seas are bad (it may not look if from the ship but the waves may be too big for the tenders to safely load people) they will not stop at CocoCay. I hope this does not happen to you as it is a really great place but it does happen. We were on the Sovereign in February and could not stop there due to high seas. However, the SOS has a sea day instead of Key West so the captain made that our sea day and came back to CocoCay on what would have been our sea day and we were able to get to the island then. One of the staff on the island told us we were the first to make it ashore in almost 2 weeks.

As for those that got stranded on the island due to the sudden bad weather, I wish I had been one of them. According to one person that was there, they had plenty of food, there were blankets and pillows and chairs to sleep in, they were off first thing in the morning, and RCCL refunded their money for the cruise and then threw in a coupon for another free cruise.

:D Thanks for responding. I'm glad the weather will be just right! I think we might go for an interior room instead. Since it's a shorter cruise than our last (we had a balcony then), I think we'll save the extra cash for drinks!!

Archived