Cell Phone Service - Tmobile

mistybaby

Tmobile's website says $4.99 per minute but people here have said $2.49 per minute - can anyone who has been charged using Tmobile confirm the correct rate?

Thanks

The rate you get charged depends on what cell signal is being picked up at the time of your call. I have been charged both above rates during my cruise, and it was truly dependent on what was the closest tower who picked up the call. There is no rhyme or reason. :) Just know if you use your cell, it will cost you.

In addition, if you use text messaging, it's actually your usual text message rate of 35cents, even if you have a text package, you will be charged above that to text. The only downside is it may take HOURS for the text to be received by the other party.

This was my experience in the Western Caribbean on the Jewel.

Maria

Most T-mobile customers have reported $4.99 per minute on cruise ships, there is only one signal there when out to sea, that is the ship's signal. On shore you will pick up the signal there, the rates are different in foreign ports.

MAC

Archived