Day pass to a resort in Corfu?

I am late in the game for booking shore excursions in advance. To be honest, I didn't think they would fill up before the cruise even started!! We are sailing on the 18 August sailing of Splendour of the Seas, and our family is interested in the Dassia Hotel excursion, but it is not available to book on the RCI website. As we are travling with 2 children, we would LOVE to have access to both a beach and pool area.

Does anyone know of any resorts that offer a day pass to cruise passengers, one that would give us access to their private beach and pool areas?

TIA!!

- Tara

I am late in the game for booking shore excursions in advance. To be honest, I didn't think they would fill up before the cruise even started!! We are sailing on the 18 August sailing of Splendour of the Seas, and our family is interested in the Dassia Hotel excursion, but it is not available to book on the RCI website. As we are travling with 2 children, we would LOVE to have access to both a beach and pool area.

Does anyone know of any resorts that offer a day pass to cruise passengers, one that would give us access to their private beach and pool areas?

TIA!!

- Tara

Most cruise lines don't allow you to book excursions within two weeks of sailing, so you might still be able to book once you get on-board. I believe they do hold some spots for on-board guests.

Sorry I can't help you with any resorts that offer a day pass, possibly someone else will post with that information.

Most cruise lines don't allow you to book excursions within two weeks of sailing, so you might still be able to book once you get on-board. I believe they do hold some spots for on-board guests.

Sorry I can't help you with any resorts that offer a day pass, possibly someone else will post with that information.

Thanks! That makes sense. I will look into it once we get onboard.

Did you call RCCL? We are on the same sailing and I just booked an excursion in Santorini online about an hour ago. I asked about The Dassia beach excursion on this board and found out that it is a rocky beach. We booked a rental car (without giving a deposit) with Budget and may drive ourselves to a nicer beach. We plan to ask more about the beach day when we get on the ship. I don't believe it could be sold out already because they just hire more vans and buses for something like a beach day because all they do is provide you with transportation and a drink coupon. I have read about other hotel that allow you to pay for the day in Corfu. Do a search of this board with the words "Corfu" and "beach." You will get a ton of info. We have a very small roll call going on. Did you join it?

I inquired with RCCL why I couldn't book the excursion online, and i recieved the following reply:

"Dear Guest,

Kindly note, that the Dassia Beach Package (CG02) is currently not available for this sailing. Please note, it is suggested you inquire with the Explorations Desk upon embarkation for availability/cancellations for this tour. Note: All tours are based on a first come, first serve

basis.

Should you have any further questions please advise.

Thank You and Enjoy Your Cruise

Shore Excursions & Explorations Department"

I am guessing this means that inernet booking filled up this shore excursion?? I am hoping they hold a few spots for those who do not have internet access or are late to book excursions.

- Tara

Wow, maybe the hotel is sold out that week and they will not let RCCL bring too many people in. Did you see the pictures of the hotel and the beach? check out

http://www.corfu-pictures.com/index.htm

Click on Dassia

You can rent a car at Budget for about E54 or take a cab. Sidari looks beautiful but then again so do all of the beaches.

We are wondering what to do in Kusadasi. We were thinking of the beach there but it is also rocky. We are wondering about the sense of going to see the ruins in the heat. The ships tour takes you to a beach for 6 hours. Seems like a lot. We want to see the port and shop too.

Archived