Questions for BCHappyGal

I read on this board that you recommend the Hyatt Regency hotel. They have a great August rate but, I can't find much info about the hotel. Please tell me about it. Is it a 4-star hotel? Have the rooms been renovated? New beds? Is the hotel restaurant good? Expensive? Are there many restaurants nearby -a block or 2 away? We need a place for breakfast that is reasonably priced. (The hotel's buffet is $22.95 pp. Have you eaten there? Is it worth it?) Thanks.

Dear Cruisecookie

I have stayed several times at the Hyatt (yes I am a local) and the rooms are beautiful & spacious with wonderful beds and large bathrooms. Definitely 4 *

As to the buffet - yes I have eaten there - nothing speical and IMO not worth the money. Directly under the hotel you have a mall with a food court, a McDonalds, & a Tim Horton's (an excellent Canadian coffee shop chain) Depending what you want for breakfast - if it is like a bagel or donut & coffee go to Tim Horton's if you want a little more upscale hit the food court - want better than a food court then go out the front door of the hotel and walk uphill (right) to the corner of Burrard & Georgia turn left and walk 1 block down Georgia to Hornby turn right and walk a half block along Hornby to a little restaurant called Maple Delights - I eat there often for a very nice affordable lunch.

You will be very happy with the Hyatt Regency in downtown Vancouver it is a lovely hotel and in a great location.

How does the Hyatt compare to the Metropolitan Hotel. We made reservations there over a month ago. Do we have as many dining options at the Met? We will be there Friday, August 31 thru Monday am, Sept. 3 - Labor Day weekend. Will a lot of eateries in the finanial district near the Met be closed?

Thanks for the info!

Hi BC,

I have a question. Last time, when I stayed at Hyatt, I went to a bakery and grabbed something light before I got on the ship. I am thinking it was Tim Horton's but I did not go to a chain. I remember it being a short walk from the Hyatt Is there any other good bakeries nearby that i can grab a muffin and coffee.

Cookie, did you already book the hotel. If not, you may be out of luck. The rooms for this price are gone. I was trying to add another night before my cruise and could not get the price. It was one of the days that you mentioned.

Jennifer

The Metropolitian and the Hyatt are only 2 blocks apart in the same area of Vancovuer. I have never stayed at the Met however I am sure you would be happy with either hotel take whichever one is cheaper.

REgarding eateries - lots of little places to eat around both hotels.

Archived