For those sailing QM/QE back-to-back....

ltsally

(or vice versa).....what if weather causes a delay? Say, like some CC'rs have, you book an eastbound crossing on the QM to get over the pond to pick up the final QE westbound crossing on 10/10.....and the QM (scheduled for 10/10 arrival at S'hampton) docks late??? Oh to go all that way and have QE2 set sail without you!!:eek: ??

Fairly sure that both of them could get through the weather together or if neccesary move around the weather together instead. The QM2 altered course last November to avoid a storm, still took a force 9 though!

To worldcruiser's point: The QE will be doing that farewell voyage around the British Isles 9/30-10/10, while the QM is crossing the Atlantic, 10/4-10/6. So my interest was whether there could be severe enough weather to slow the QM sufficiently that she wasn't in S'hampton in time to start back, in tandem. I too would "suppose" that sailing out of S'hampton would wait...but it would be nice to know for sure what to expect.

To worldcruiser's point: The QE will be doing that farewell voyage around the British Isles 9/30-10/10, while the QM is crossing the Atlantic, 10/4-10/6. So my interest was whether there could be severe enough weather to slow the QM sufficiently that she wasn't in S'hampton in time to start back, in tandem. I too would "suppose" that sailing out of S'hampton would wait...but it would be nice to know for sure what to expect.

You're working the 'what if the sun doesn't shine' routine pretty hard! Please try harder. :p

Archived