URGENT Auckland Glow Worms and Air Deviations

wblevin

I know this is HAL, but one of their ships does a similar itinerary to what we are booked on. We are booked on the Celebrity Mercury in January and the TA is demanding we confirm air travel deviations today - which I think is really weird considering that we haven't even made final payment.

Anyway - We arrive in Auckland at 7am (ish) on Sunday morning. I believe the glow worm caves are about 2-2/1/2 hours from Auckland - something we would really like to see. After debarkation - and hopefully we would get our own tour to the caves, will we have enough time to make it back for a flight at 7:30 pm from Auckland? Is there anything else (I haven't had the time to do a lot of research on the ports yet) that I shouldn't miss that would keep me in Auckland till Monday vs. leaving Sunday evening??

Thank you all so much!

Wendy better to post this on the Ports of Call Forum; Australia and New Zealand. We are going there as well in November. There are some local experts on that forum who will answer this and other questions:) :D :D :)

Thanks - I have this posted in three spots to get the most exposure - Celebrity, HAL and Australia/New Zealand.

Hi, the cave is great! I was there in 2001. We flew into Auckland Sunday morning, but I did not go to the cave until the next day. I took a tour bus that was doing same day back to Auckland but I had them leave us off elsewhere. Have you checked the hours on-line? The first thing to find out are the hours on Sunday. If you can find a roundtrip tour from Auckland that might be your best bet.

The Aquarium is worth seeing. I am also sorry that I missed the zoo. My Australian Water Dragons are breed from a line that came from that zoo.

I know this is HAL, but one of their ships does a similar itinerary to what we are booked on. We are booked on the Celebrity Mercury in January and the TA is demanding we confirm air travel deviations today - which I think is really weird considering that we haven't even made final payment.

Thank you all so much!

When the air deviation desk submits the information to the TA or directly to the client there's a limited time window for you to act -- it could be as short as 48 or 72 hours depending on the airline they're dealing with. They can't keep the offer on hold forever. If you don't accept the offered itinerary it will cancel automatically. When you make the same request later on it could be not available or at a different rate. Your TA is basically telling you that if you want that specific itinerary you'd better get it together or it could be gone forever.

Archived