New Orleans street car to pier from Hilton?

Cinderellie

Wow Cinderelle! You only have a week to go!! How excited you must be!! :D I dont have an answer to your question, but was wondering the same thing... We're staying at the Sheraton which is on Canal St. I'm not sure if we'll be lucky enough to take a streetcar from where we're staying at.

Anyways, have a wonderul cruise, and I'll be looking foward to reading your review upon your return! Are you spending any days in New Orleans (post-cruise)?

Ask Hilton about free shuttle to the pier. If you take a Street Car down Canal Street you will need to carry your luggage several blocks and over the railroad tracks to the pier. Have a great cruise.

We walked from the Hilton with our luggage. It is a pretty good walk but not too bad if you don't try to carry the whole house with you. We had mostly rolling luggage and piggy backed the rest. We tried driving over to drop me and the luggage and let DH drive back to the parking area at the Hilton then walk over without carrying anything but they wouldn't let us close to the pier area in a car. They told us we had to come back after 12:30 that they had to let the people off of the ships first. Needless to say, we drove back to the Hilton and immediately set off on foot. It was just a little crazy at the pier on foot but we were on board by 12:30. You also chance losing your parking space if you drive over to drop people and luggage.

The Hilton said they do not have a shuttle.

We took a taxi from the Hilton to the pier because of the all the luggage. It was $14 (I think), but it was worth it to not have to carry the luggage to the ship.

However, we did walk and carry our luggage from the ship to the Hilton once we got back. A lot of the walk can be inside the air-conditioned Riverwalk Mall, and there are elevators and escalators inside the mall. We didn't see an elevator to get from the terminal up to the Riverwalk, but we didn't look that hard.

Sorry, I thought the Hilton always had a shuttle. I know they have offerred speicals for parking with free shuttle to the pier. Other hotels in the area offer Park and Cruise Specials.

Better check how much luggage you have and if you really want to walk to the pier. We were there last week and it was hot. The drop off area was pretty much done by 11- 11:15 and cars were dropping off passengers at that time.

Street car may not sound bad but again if you have a lot of luggage this might be a hassle and haven't seen passengers and a lot of luggage on one. They may do I've never seen it.

modnar is right make sure you want to go thru the hassle. Recommend to take a cab.

Very true, no shuttle from the Hilton to the dock. The cab is $7 each to go one block to the ship. You could go through Riverwalk, but it is difficult to maneuver through 3 levels, and through the crowds. You can walk the dock along the riverfront, but sometimes it is blocked off. Very difficult to take the streetcar as the luggage is a big handicap. We walked the Riverwalk one year, but the next time we opted for the cab. They really should have a better fare, esp. as it is only one block!!

Cinderellie,

We had a shuttle come pick us up and all our luggage. It worked out great and the cost was $5.00 per person. And if you are flying back on Sunday they will pick you up and take you to the airport for $12.00 per person. Post your email and I will send you the name and phone number of the shuttle service (the man that owns it is a retired captain for the police department in New Orleans - super nice guy). I don't know if I can post his name and number here or not!!

Ok...I just wan't sure if I could post it or not all he sells is shuttle service.

B&J Transportation 504-251-6737 his name is Tyrone Jennings. I can't recommend this enough. They were great to deal with, on time and helped us with questions about New Orleans.

Archived