Question for platinum members

Cagman

Hi we leave on the Legend in 3 weeks this will be my 9th Carnival But BH will be going on her 11th. Carnival knows she is Platinum but we did recieve VIP boarding. I talked to a Carnival rep. they said because I am not Platinum we cannot use VIP boarding. Our TA said Platinum status would be for room and to just proceed to priority boarding. Anybody know anything about this? Ps I really don't care about boarding as long as she gets the other perks shehas coming. She had to search back and find proof of 2 cruises back in 87 and 89 to get to Platinum status. Thanks in advance .

Hi we leave on the Legend in 3 weeks this will be my 9th Carnival But BH will be going on her 11th. Carnival knows she is Platinum but we did recieve VIP boarding. I talked to a Carnival rep. they said because I am not Platinum we cannot use VIP boarding. Our TA said Platinum status would be for room and to just proceed to priority boarding. Anybody know anything about this? Ps I really don't care about boarding as long as she gets the other perks shehas coming. She had to search back and find proof of 2 cruises back in 87 and 89 to get to Platinum status. Thanks in advance .

YES Platinum status is for the cabin! My DH was Platinum before me and I still got to enjoy the perks with him. You should have Proceed to VIP on your cruise docs. Enjoy the perks and have a GREAT cruise!!!

Sorry for the dumb question, but, Carnival has a loyalty program? I don't know why, but I was under the impression they didn't. We sailed the Glory and March 2005, and we asked at Guest Services, but they said they didn't. (They must not have understood our question.)

We're going to sail again next year. Heck, if there is such a program, we'll probably sail more. Can anyone provide a link?

Thanks!

Sorry for the dumb question, but, Carnival has a loyalty program? I don't know why, but I was under the impression they didn't. We sailed the Glory and March 2005, and we asked at Guest Services, but they said they didn't. (They must not have understood our question.)

We're going to sail again next year. Heck, if there is such a program, we'll probably sail more. Can anyone provide a link?

Thanks!

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/static_templates/concierge.aspx

It is a new program so they did understand your question and all us others that asked. Now they do:D

Yes, it should be for the room. If you look at e-docs it should show on your luggage tage. I went on the Inspiration and when my DD joined me she also got the VIP boarding as she was in the same cabin. Now, if you have two cabins and the other dosn't have platinum in it, they don't get it.

If there is a "platinum" member in the cabin, then her documents should have the words "please proceed to VIP check in" and everyone whose name is on that set of documents (ie in that cabin) will also get the VIP Check In and Debarkation.

If those precious words are NOT on your documents, just have BH take her history of cruise list with her. She probably won't even need to show it. In a situation like this, I just walk in like I own the place and there is usually not a problem! :D

When the program first came out (and all the bugs were still securely in place) they did not have those precious words on our documents (even though our entire family of four had 13 cruises). I called our PVP and said "where are those words". This is what he told me to do. We did not have a problem. However, the PVP ALSO called ship about a week before we sailed and made sure that we were listed as Platinum. We got all the perks!!

Occasionally, a person will fall through the cracks...especially when there are old cruises to add. We had to have 8 cruises added starting in 1982.

She will get all the perks. You will not get the free Slots or Blackjack Entry.

But just put your clothes in her free laundry bag and you can use the free wash and fold. You will get the VIP Check In and Debarkation with her.

It is a new program so they did understand your question and all us others that asked. Now they do:D

Yes, it should be for the room. If you look at e-docs it should show on your luggage tage. I went on the Inspiration and when my DD joined me she also got the VIP boarding as she was in the same cabin. Now, if you have two cabins and the other dosn't have platinum in it, they don't get it.

If you have 2 cabins and you have kids in it both cabins will get it. What are they gonna do make your kids go by themselves?

You'll also get priority tendering if you need to tender at any of your ports of call.

Bill

Yes, they keep parents and children together.

However, if you are simply traveling with friends (like we did in March). We were Platinum...they were not....in separate cabins...then we got VIP Check In and they did not. That is understandable. They did link our cabins so that we would be seated together at dinner.

Thanks for the help. The docs do not say proceed to VIP. Our TA said to print cruise history from Carnival website. When I spoke to Carnival they do show her going on 11th cruise in the computer. I just thought it was strange that Carnival rep. said she could VIP but I could not. Thanks again.

We're first time Carnival cruisers, but are sailing in a suite on the Glory next month. Our docs have the majic words on them so we'll get

VIP checkin, but do we get the other perks that go with Platinum status? If so, what are they?

Thanks

Mary Lou

We're first time Carnival cruisers, but are sailing in a suite on the Glory next month. Our docs have the majic words on them so we'll get

VIP checkin, but do we get the other perks that go with Platinum status? If so, what are they?

Thanks

Mary Lou

You get a tub in your stateroom.

Thanks

Mary Lou

No. As far as I know, just the VIP Check In. (and as Pete said...a tub!!)

Archived