Helicopter Arctic Circle Tour out of Fairbanks?

BudNBailey

We are doing a cruise and a land tour package for a 2 week vacation in AK.

Can someone please tell me if there is any way of doing a helicopter/flightseeing tour out of Fairbanks to the Arctic Circle? I am lost on the internet trying to find the information.

My husband either wants to do flightseeing at Misty Fjords in Ketchikan or over the Arctic Circle in Faribanks.

Anyone with some advice or recommendations, please help!

Before you do the Arctic Circle, you need to be sure the fires have been dampened. We flew back from Prudhoe Bay two weeks ago, and south of the Brooks Range, we coulnd't see anything because of the smoke. Having only seen Misty Fjords from the ship, and it's spectacular, I think I would find that to be more beautiful. The reason to go to the Arctic Circle is simply to go to the Arctic Circle.

Northern Alaskan touring Company was the outfit we used from Fairbanks to Prudhoe Bay and Back. They were a terrific company. We thoroughly enjoyed our tour -- 3 days, 2 nights to Prudhoe Bay. Two days riding a van to Prudhoe Bay and then flying back on a 7 passenger plane. Really a great experience. Not for everybody, but if you are interested in the pipeline and how people live in that part of Alaska, it was really, really neat. But be prepared for rustic. That's just the way it is up there. Great trip.

We were on Celebrity Summit Cruise/Land Tour #2 and we booked the Artic Circle Flight as an excursion from Fairbanks. We were grounded about 10 minutes prior to pick-up because of the fires and poor visibility. It was really smokey that day. So we did not get to go. I booked it from Celebrity's website.

Archived