Thinkin' of Windjammer...

gfromftlaud

Anyone have any experience on a Windjammer cruise as a gay or lesbian couple? Have done many traditional cruises on large ships and have cruised with Atlantis 2 times, with another 2 booked for '08(Woo Hoo!), but also interested in trying Windjammer. Looking at their Costa Rican Itinerary aboard Legacy.

Thanks in advance for any input.

G

My Partner and I, as well as a single friend of my, went on a Windjammer Cruise. While we were the only "gays" aboard, we had no problems. There were only about 40 passengers. We had a blast. It is a whole different type of cruising. I do reccomend it. A word of caution..during the day lots to do,but in the evening activities limited..we were in bed by 10:00 p.m.

was on a all gay windjammer cruise this past march (Mandalay) Had a great time there will be 3 gay trips in 2008.one of which is going to Costa Rica on Legacy, almost booked hurry I dont know if I am allowed to reveal the travel agency that is brokering the trips, and I dont want to violate any of the boards rules.2 of the 3 trips are gay nude, the third is a " Bear" cruise.No stablizers on these ships, so they will roll. hope this helps. If the Board moderator allows it i will give you the TA info on theese trips.Norman

My partner and I sailed with Windjammer aboard Polynesia just this past March. We, as another poster indicated was their experience, were the only gay passengers onboard out of roughly 70 or so other folks. That said, everyone was wonderfully friendly, and we had a blast. No one seemed to have an issue with us being gay, but there were a few folks who were absolutely clueless :-)

My partner (who HATES big cruise ships:mad:) sailed the Mandalay a few years ago on a GLBT charter from St Lucia to Genada and had the time of our lives!:D He said he'd book another one anytime if they were closer to the West Coast. We had an Admirals Cabin and the cabin, crew, food, excursions, ship and everything else could not have been better! There was a mixed 90% gay/10% lesbian crowd onboard and everyone had a wonderful trip!

There is a Windjammer discussion/blog board called the Windjammer Flotilla...do a websearch to find it...that is very much like CC only devoted to WJ only, that has a great source of WJ info for you. Check it out and if you can't find it feel free to email me....email on my webpage below.

Archived