Istanbul-Navigator

dvbiztch

:) Taking the Navigator from Istanbul on Sept. 22. This is our first cruise on RSSC and our 4th cruise ever. Is anyone else signed up for this cruise? Looking to make some "friends" before boarding.

Hi- We are also booked on the Navigator departing Istanbul on 8/22. We'll be spending a week in Italy prior to the cruise. Very excited as we just filled out the excursion request form on line and were impressed with all the choices. This is also our 4th cruise but first on Regent.

WE will also be aboard but will have boarded on the 8th in Monaco....Wife is retired special-ed.[speech pathologist]...Rob and Teddy McGregor, cabin 930. Done way too much cruiseing. 47 or 49 ??? And I am not a teacher......

WE will also be aboard but will have boarded on the 8th in Monaco....Wife is retired special-ed.[speech pathologist]...Rob and Teddy McGregor, cabin 930. Done way too much cruiseing. 47 or 49 ??? And I am not a teacher......

Hi Rob & Teddy McGregor--Diane & Domenik Veraldi from Long Island, NY. We are in cabin 952. This cruise is my "retirement from teaching" gift! Domenik is a "still working" attorney. Would like to meet for drinks and dinner--certainly won't have to go far. May we look you up when we board in Istanbul? What part of the Northwest are you from?

Whoops! I meant 9/22... See, I'm looking forward to leaving so much that I lost a whole month! Anyway, we are from the Boston area, Helen and Miner Crary, one retired and one just started a new business. Cabin 1011. Where are you on Long Island? Miner grew up in the Huntington area and ancient father in law still lives in Northport.

Hi folks! We're Gino and Belinda Massafra from Atlanta, Georgia - - also on the Navigator leaving Istanbul on 9/22. We tried sailing to Santorini on a 50' sail boat 10 years ago, but never got there (a real story!) I promised Belinda we would do it this time in style . . . on a ship with a strong engine! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Awed: We're not on this cruise but on the Grand Crossing in November in Suite 930. I would really be interested in hearing from you upon your return as to how much motion you felt up on deck 9. We tried so hard to get down a deck or two but everything was filled, even though we backed last December. For all who have not been to Istanbul, you will really love it. Its a beautiful city and the history there is so amazing. Santorini? Beautiful beyond belief. Have a wonderful cruise, all.

Awed: We're not on this cruise but on the Grand Crossing in November in Suite 930. I would really be interested in hearing from you upon your return as to how much motion you felt up on deck 9. We tried so hard to get down a deck or two but everything was filled, even though we backed last December. For all who have not been to Istanbul, you will really love it. Its a beautiful city and the history there is so amazing. Santorini? Beautiful beyond belief. Have a wonderful cruise, all.
:cool: Hi there youngster!!!....I was born 8/23/1932...Guess you're buyin....How did you like 930 and how was the butler??? His name?...As for rocking and rolling on deck 9...not a problem for either of us fortuneatly. We will be taking a private tour on the 22nd and I am truly looking forward to finally seeing Istanbul after so many years of travel. We have been to Santorini before as well as Kusadasi / Ephisus [spelling....one of the teachers can correct me] I am sorry to hear of your discomfort on deck 9. Thanks for a reply...Rob:)

:D

Hi Rob & Teddy McGregor--Diane & Domenik Veraldi from Long Island, NY. We are in cabin 952. This cruise is my "retirement from teaching" gift! Domenik is a "still working" attorney. Would like to meet for drinks and dinner--certainly won't have to go far. May we look you up when we board in Istanbul? What part of the Northwest are you from?
:D Meeting on the 22nd should not be a problem. We will be touring Istanbul that day but I expect to be back aboard before 4:00PM....Look forward to meeting D and D.....The cruise from Istanbul back to Athens is very scenic and if this is your first time in Ephesis you are in for a treat!....Rob......We live in Friday Harbor on San Juan Island....Try GOOGLE EARTH.....

Hi folks! We're Gino and Belinda Massafra from Atlanta, Georgia - - also on the Navigator leaving Istanbul on 9/22. We tried sailing to Santorini on a 50' sail boat 10 years ago, but never got there (a real story!) I promised Belinda we would do it this time in style . . . on a ship with a strong engine! Looking forward to meeting everyone!
....!I need to hear that story. I'll even supply the GIN.....Did you take the donkeys up the slope into the town or opt for the funicular???...

• 2 weeks later...

Greytstuff, they are on Navigator not on Voyager.

Wow, just from our little group, we've covered quite a bit of the US--San Juan Isl, Boston, Atlanta and LI. We Long Islanders live in Bohemia on the south shore, but know Huntington & Northport well. We are "hoteling" first in Istanbul and will look for all of you on the ship Sat. nite. Enjoy the tours. Very excited--can hardly wait. :D

We have been to Rome,Capri,Naxos[sicily] and today we get a day off before Kusadasi/Ephesus tomorrow. The Navigator is excellent in ALL regards...Cuisine, service and all-around ambience could not be better....See Ya'll in Istanbul.....Rob&Teddy...{Teddy is the ex-teacher] easy to tell.....But not much!....:cool:

We're arriving a day early in Istanbul, with a private tour scheduled for Saturday, 9/22. I know that the Navigator spends that night in port. Does anyone know if we have to board by a certain time? We'd like to get as much in on Saturday as possible! Looking forward to floating on the Aegean!

Archived