Room by elevator: a concern?

We have never been bothered by noise outside of our stateroom on an RCI ship, can't say that about Carnival though, we heard every thing our neighbors were saying while fighting and making up on both sides and the galley noise from above. Never again on Carnival!

I stayed on deck 2 near the forward elevators on VOS last year. It was very, very quiet because there aren't a lot of people staying on that deck and zero through traffic as you can't walk from the front to the aft on deck 2. It doesn't show on the floor plans, but the cabins are down a hallway with a wall between the hall and the elevator area. It's not an issue and the convenience of being near the elevator is a plus.

edited to add, I just reread your post and realized your on the Splendour, duh, not a Voyager class ship. sorry.

We had a handicapped cabin on deck 2 on the Splendor and noise was NOT a problem at all!! Matter of fact, the location was GREAT (right next to the elevators and stairs) and noise was no problem at all. Just a couple of times, people who had been drinking too much, got off the elevators and made noise all the way down the hallway. So, not only the elevator rooms got noise, but the whole hallway did. The positives next to the elevator FAR outweigh the very few negatives. Hope you enjoy the location as much as we did.

I asked this same question a few months ago when I realized that the room my TA had me booked in on the Mariner was right next to the elevators.

I, too, was assured that noise wouldn't be a problem. I'll know for sure in 13 days! :D

Archived